Catholic confrimation

I am baptised and confrimed in the Anglican church and have been told that this means you don't need to be confrimed into the Catholic church before becoming a full member of the church is this true?:confused: even if I haven't had a communion in a Anglican church in years:o

Also what would need to happen for me to become Catholic if my confrimation is valid in the eyes of the Catholic church?

Thank you.

No, that is not correct. The Catholic Church considers Anglican baptisms to be valid but not their confirmations because confirmation requires a valid bishop in apostolic succession.

Talk to a Catholic priest. You will need some instruction, then Confirmation and First Communion.

[quote="Miss_Primrose, post:1, topic:316538"]
I am baptised and confrimed in the Anglican church and have been told that this means you don't need to be confrimed into the Catholic church before becoming a full member of the church is this true?:confused: even if I haven't had a communion in a Anglican church in years:o

Also what would need to happen for me to become Catholic if my confrimation is valid in the eyes of the Catholic church?

Thank you.

[/quote]

Your baptism is valid but your confirmation is not. In either case, you can come into full communion by being admitted into full communion with the Church after going through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). This normally happens at the Easter Vigil, at which time you would receive your first Holy Communion. It is up to the bishop of your diocese to decide whether you would receive Confirmation at the same Easter Vigil or at a separate ceremony administered by the bishop.

[quote="Miss_Primrose, post:1, topic:316538"]

Thank you.

[/quote]

Talk to a parish priest. They will be able to help.

There is no shortage of former Anglicans here, myself included, and all of us had to be confirmed when we were received into the Catholic Church.:)

[quote="Chatter163, post:5, topic:316538"]
There is no shortage of former Anglicans here, myself included, and all of us had to be confirmed when we were received into the Catholic Church.:)

[/quote]

You joined Catholic Answers on the day Benedict was installed as Pope. :-)

[quote="aemcpa, post:6, topic:316538"]
You joined Catholic Answers on the day Benedict was installed as Pope. :-)

[/quote]

True--good observation! I joined because there were so many good discussions going on about the papacy, such as this one! But I joined the Catholic Church early in Blessed John Paul II's pontificate.

Hi! everyone

Thanks, it's nice to know I am not alone in wanting to join the Catholic church:) where I live the Anglican church is not very inspiring and I have always had an interest in the Catholic church, when I was at primary school, I wanted to be a monk:D that was before I knew only men can be monks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.