Catholic Cuisine?

Anyone seen this? catholiccuisine.blogspot.com/2009/08/recipes-for-september-month-of-our-lady.html

Catholic Cuisine? Interesting.:)

So cool. I will probably share this with the Catholic School Cafeteria ladies (though I didn't see anything but sweets when I checked it out) and REP teachers.

I expected it to be a site about how to fix Salmon Patties and Macaroni and Cheese during Lent.:rolleyes: Since that's the extent of Catholic Cuisine that I grew up with.:D

I have a cookbook that is similar to this that I was given at our wedding shower, called Cooking with the Saints. My husband loves St. Clement Chicken!

Do all the recipes come with a heaping side of Guilt?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

My mom had a Catholic cookbook that had Dirge Cake. It just sounded so unappealing, even though it was fun to say the word "dirge".

I don’t understand the idea of creating food to represent mary or even what shes been through?
Can somebody explain?

Why not? We celebrate other aspects of our human lives with food - what’s wrong with using food to recognize or celebrate our Faith?
:shrug:

Don’t you think the Queen of Heaven baked sweets for her Son?

~Liza

[quote="lizaanne, post:6, topic:217161"]
Why not? We celebrate other aspects of our human lives with food - what's wrong with using food to recognize or celebrate our Faith?
:shrug:

Don't you think the Queen of Heaven baked sweets for her Son?

~Liza

[/quote]

I was just wondering why they do it.
And I'm sure Mary was just a regular cook like all the women out there. Regular meals with some sweets here and there.
How is she really the queen of heaven? What does god say about that? Does she have power too, then?

[quote="BlueShadow123, post:7, topic:217161"]
I was just wondering why they do it.
And I'm sure Mary was just a regular cook like all the women out there. Regular meals with some sweets here and there.
How is she really the queen of heaven? What does god say about that? Does she have power too, then?

[/quote]

Since all the OT Kings had numerous wives, the King's mother was referred to as the Queen. Since Christ is the King (of Heaven and Earth), His mother is the Queen (regardless of the fact He didn't have a wife or wives). See this link:
catholic.com/thisrock/1998/9812fea2.asp

God said it all when HE choose her to be the mother of Jesus, the 2nd person of the Trinity.

Her power is in intercession...just as those that have went before us in death are alive in Christ and are the Great Cloud of Witnesses that intercede before the throne, the Mother of God intercedes for us as well. See this link:
catholic.com/library/Intercession_of_the_Saints.asp

That's it in a nutshell and I think your questions regarding this are best taken over to the Apologetics forum where the experts are! Also, take a look at the main Catholic Answers webpage for information on Mary. Here's a link to some basics from CA:

catholic.com/library/mary_saints.asp

[quote="Prayerfully, post:8, topic:217161"]
Since all the OT Kings had numerous wives, the King's mother was referred to as the Queen. Since Christ is the King (of Heaven and Earth), His mother is the Queen (regardless of the fact He didn't have a wife or wives). See this link:
catholic.com/thisrock/1998/9812fea2.asp

God said it all when HE choose her to be the mother of Jesus, the 2nd person of the Trinity.

Her power is in intercession...just as those that have went before us in death are alive in Christ and are the Great Cloud of Witnesses that intercede before the throne, the Mother of God intercedes for us as well.

That's it in a nutshell and I think your questions regarding this are best taken over to the Apologetics forum where the experts are! Also, take a look at the main Catholic Answers webpage for information on Mary. Here's a link to some basics from CA:

catholic.com/library/mary_saints.asp

[/quote]

Okay, thanks! (:

[quote="BlueShadow123, post:9, topic:217161"]
Okay, thanks! (:

[/quote]

You are welcome! I hope that helps! I was trying to find the link about why Mary is referred to as the Immaculate Conception, but I'm sure there's a link to it in the last one I posted that was a general info site.

Also, I would recommend you look at some of the links (or sublinks...is that a word?) for the Biblical basis for Catholicism (and why we haven't added or taken away from the Bible or the Faith) and see what you find there.

The Apologetics forum is a great place to find answers and Michelle Arnold and Fr. Serpa have a wonderful way of explaining things.

God Bless!

I forgot the wonderful Leonie Ambrose when I was mentioning the apologists here. Sorry Leonie!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.