Catholic Doctor from the United States Dies of Ebola After Working in Sierra Leone in Africa

“I took this job not because I wanted to, but I firmly believe it was a calling and that God wanted me to.”
“Whenever we want to start surgery, we pray.”
see www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2014/11/18/catholic-doctor-dies-of-ebola-after-working-in-sierra-leone

Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord, the soul of Thy servant, Dr. Martin Salia, that he who is dead to the world, may live unto Thee, and wipe away by Thy most merciful forgiveness what sins he may have committed in life through human frailty. Though our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Eternal rest give unto him, O Lord.

And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.

Amen.

May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

Amen.

A modern day hero. May the good Lord be the first to thank him on our behalf.

Reminds me of Fr. Daminen of Molokai.

God Bless Dr. Salia.

This was the doctor who was flown to Omaha to be cared for.
Tragically his first test came back negative.
After a few days of not feeling any better he was retested and the test came back positive. He was already in critical condition when he arrived and they wondered if the long trip had been too much for him.
He left behind a wife and 2 children.
He seemed like a dedicated and beautiful soul who wanted to help the people of Sierra Leone. May he rest in peace.

May the departed doctor rest in peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.