Catholic Educator Grants

Hello, I’m a school counselor at a Catholic School in Chicago. I want to attend the American School Counselor Association National Conference in Boston in July, but my school is not able to provide any funding for me to do so. I am wondering if anyone knows of any grant opportunities out there to fund Catholic educators’ professional development.

Thanks!

[quote="LilacAmy11, post:1, topic:184673"]
Hello, I'm a school counselor at a Catholic School in Chicago. I want to attend the American School Counselor Association National Conference in Boston in July, but my school is not able to provide any funding for me to do so. I am wondering if anyone knows of any grant opportunities out there to fund Catholic educators' professional development.

Thanks!

[/quote]

:wave: Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums!! (CAF)

Personally I have no idea what grant opportunities exist, but you should start by asking your school principal, and the person in charge of Catholic schools in your diocese. Their experience would make them FAR more knowledgable about grant opportunities for Catholic educators, especially in your area, than most other people.

Incidentally, I am a public school teacher (in my 13th year) and I don't know where to find funding for my own professional development. Very rarely, the district or my own school will cover a teacher's registration (and cost of substitute, if necessary) to attend a conference (teacher still has to cover travel, housing, etc.). I have never had this opportunity given to me, so like you, I have always had to find my own resources. Of course, public school teachers make significantly more than Catholic school teachers.:(

Best of luck, and God bless you!

Gertie
(I saw that you posted your question in two forums, so I'm answering it in both places.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.