Catholic gamers unite!

Eh, I did a quick search and checked the first few pages.

What games do you play? What consoles do you own?

Personally, I prefer MMO's and Pokemon. Competitive Pokemon is serious buisness. Plus, I've heard that JP2 gave it his blessing, so it can't be all THAT bad ;)

I own an Xbox 360 and a PS3. 3rd person action games are probably my favorites. Batman: Arkham Asylum, Assassin’s Creed 2 and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are my favorite games of the last year.

Consoles owned: SNES, NES, GBA (also PS2 and XBOX360 if you count my sister’s consoles)

Favourite genres: RPG, adventure, 1-on-1 fighting

Now playing: Planescape: Torment, Fable II, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Final Fantasy X, Dungeon Crawl - Stone Soup (free roguelike that never gets old)

Favourite games: Everything made using the Infinity Engine, the Street Fighter series, anything that I’m currently playing
:thumbsup:

I just bought a PS3, and only have Tiger Woods 2010, and Madden 2010. I could use game suggestions as I usually only play sports games. I would like to expand my gaming genres.

I like the indie games - Mount & Blade, Osmos - and some older-school strategy games like the Command & Conquer series. We used to have these all-night Red Alert games over our dorm's LAN, but that was more than a decade ago. Still fun.

Now that I've got a family, we play the Euro-style board and card games. My wife prefers Catan, but I prefer Race for the Galaxy, and I've got a few she refuses to touch on principle (including Magic and EVE CCGs and the CIA vs KGB card game).

[quote="mkipp, post:4, topic:184007"]
I just bought a PS3, and only have Tiger Woods 2010, and Madden 2010. I could use game suggestions as I usually only play sports games. I would like to expand my gaming genres.

[/quote]

I like the NHL games, but you're probably aware of them already. :rolleyes:

Sorry for double-posting...

[quote="Bataar, post:2, topic:184007"]
I own an Xbox 360 and a PS3. 3rd person action games are probably my favorites. Batman: Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 2 and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are my favorite games of the last year.

[/quote]

The Assassin's Creed games are great. I wasn't very fond of the choice for final boss, though. :eek:

(Maybe there's nothing icky about the real game, I've only played the mobile version, so I don't know)

I have Xbox 360 and most of the older consoles (ps2, xbox, gamecube, playstation, N64). I don’t really play much anymore but once in awhile I still enjoy a nice RPG or 3rd person. I like any Star Wars game (I’m a Star Wars fanatic)…like Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2…I like Assassin’s Creed…the Hitman games…Call of Duty (all of them)…stuff like that.

I need to play other games then just sports. But, I get intimidated by some of the fantasy/war games as they seem difficult. Assassins Creed looks cool, and Infamous, any reviews?

I own a 360 and PC. I like first-person shooters, strategy games, and RPG.

Mostly I play Halo 3 on xbox, and Left 4 Dead 2 on PC. If anyone plays those in multiplayer let me know I'm always up for playing with new people :)

I own a Wii and a PC. I use the PC for strategy games (try Age of Empires and Civilization III or IV) and sports games (NHL and FIFA especially). The Wii is good for stuff like skateboarding and Madden.

Hey, how about a group for Catholic Gamers? If somebody makes it, contact me. I'll join it. (I'm not gonna make it cause I made two groups).

LOL

[quote="mkipp, post:4, topic:184007"]

[/quote]

Check out Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It's been out for a couple years now and can be purchased for under $20. It's an amazing game. After you finish that, check out the sequel, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Xbox360. CoD mostly MW2 'til I get blue tiger on all of my favorite guns. Live gamertag peekaboopablo

DH and I own a Wii and a PS2 and I have a DS and a Game Boy SP for myself.

At the moment we have more import games from Japan than domestic ones....since I have yet to retrieve my video game library from my parents house. My brother is still playing there. Right now DH and I are really into a Street Fighter-esque style fighting game called "Melty Blood" and bemoaning the fact we can't read a lick of the story. :p In my case it's the Final Mix versions of Kingdom Hearts I and II.....and Katamari Damacy.

On my handhelds, it's Pokemon.

The only computer MMO I play right now is Guild Wars (poor man's WoW). Though I am looking forward to The Old Republic. :D

I don’t have any current-gen console, just a PS2 and a PSP.

My favorite franchise for now is Monster Hunter and I’m currently playing a lot of it in my PSP especially while waiting behind long grocery and fast food lines. I like Monster Hunter since multiplayer is more co-op than competitive.

I still play Street Fighter on my PS2 and PSP (older editions…not Street Fighter IV which I’ve tried and dislike), my formerly favorite gaming franchise.

Castlevania is my third favorite franchise since the early games were very Catholic. (Castlevania 3 begins with the main character praying before he sets out)

I used to play Japanese RPG’s until I got sick of the occassional suggestive anti-christian rhetoric. After a decade of taking numerous “hits”, I don’t play them very much anymore.

Long time gamer here. :D Been gaming, literally, since the first Pong machine hit the shelves in the 70's.

I used to be a PC only gamer, until the past few years when the cost of keeping up with video card upgrades started to be more than the latest consoles. I started console gaming with the original Xbox, then moved to the 360. Gave up the 360 when mine died for the 3rd time, RROD, and moved to the PS3. The family currently owns a PS3, Wii and a DSI.

Absolute favorite genre is anything in the RPG realm. That, and action\first person games. Currently playing through Dragon Age Origins and absolutely loving it. Along with that, I'm playing through the God of War Collection, as I never played either of them due to never having owned a PS2. I must say, for games that are a few years old, they are FANTASTIC, and I am highly anticipating God of War III.

My big problem now is that there is so much coming down the road I want to play, I really don't have enough time. Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Chronicles, God of War III, and the list just keeps going!

Wow you and I are quite alike. I have PS2 and a PSP too (though I’m more hooked to my PSP now since I get the games for it far more easily :o).

Oh and Monster Hunter… it’s a game you’re bound to have a love-hate relationship with. Are you playing the original or the sequel (I have both but I’m on the sequel now, naturally)? It’s addictive but it also drives you crazy at the more intense levels.

Tigrex goes into Rage Mode

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! D8> runs around for dear life

It’s like they’re practically forcing you to go co-op. Honestly, I can’t think of any other cheap way to boost your rank and get good armor. >_>;;

Anyways, I’m playing Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Tag Force 2 now though. I may not have played my PS2 in a while (which saddens me since Kingdom Hearts II is most favorite game of all time) but it’s been longer still since I worked on my dueling skills.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts though, I wonder when Birth by Sleep’s gonna be available here… I sure hope it comes first before Dante’s Inferno (I hear they’re releasing that for the PSP). The latter looks interesting but I prefer a light game before playing anything dark. :o

Ever played Jeanne D’Arc? Not exactly historically accurate but definitely more pro-Christian than the disappointing storyline of Final Fantasy Tactics.

I spend my time on the PS3 if anyone would like to add me as a friend my ps network name is Draxenth I play alot of SOCOM and Modern Warfare 2 but many other games as well.

I actually liked the story of Final Fantasy Tactics (in spite of the poor translation to english in the original PSX game) and in my opinion it’s in the top 3 of the best FF storylines and in my top 5 of the best FF games.

I disagree with you though that it has anything to do with Christianity. I’m not the kind of person how would read into things like that especially if it is not overtly said in the game that the Church was Christian in the first place and the game developers clearly did not intend it to be anti-Christian. I do know that the church model in game is borrowed from the traditional Christian models but it’s just the external trappings so it’s not a big deal to me. The story is about medieval political betrayals and about going against an unjust/corrupt religious institution (which coincidentally is modeled after one of the most popular religions) but that kind of storyline isn’t really far from what happened in the history of man so it’s not biggie to me. I tend to see it as anti-corrupt institutions which is really what it was.

Having said that I have a Wii and I’m currently enjoying No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle :thumbsup:. I’m also playing old PSX games in my laptop and am currently enjoying a patched version of Final Fantasy Tactics (FFT 1.3) which features a more fun and balanced game despite nightmarish enemies.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.