Catholic Glasses

Has anyone ever heard of a website called “Catholic Glasses”? I have a feeling it is written by people who are not in communion with the Church.

If someone knows about this website, please let me know which person or group is behind it.

Thanks.

God Bless

Bernadette

I’ve taken a look at it. It seems to be a right-wing political blog informed by the author’s own views on Church teaching. There are a few howlers (“Humani Generis” was by Pius XII, not Blessed Pius IX), but no obvious heterodoxy. However, I can do without the tired conspiracy theories and the endorsement of militia movements. There are better Catholic sites out there without the political baggage.

Thanks. I thought it was just another conspiracy blog. Someone close to me is into all the conspiracy theories and because it says “Catholic” thinks I will believe what she has been telling me for the past year. She does have a brain disease and has been influenced by someone she feels is her angel sent by God, so I guess until all the warnings don’t happen, she will continue to believe in them.

God Bless

Bernadette

It does link to a lot of authentic Catholic material (the Divine Mercy, Pope Francis’ latest exhortation), but it’s got Clinton and Obama conspiracy theories on the brain. :wink:

She does have a brain disease and has been influenced by someone she feels is her angel sent by God, so I guess until all the warnings don’t happen, she will continue to believe in them.

God Bless

Bernadette

Sorry to hear about your friend. I shall pray for her.

God bless,
R.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.