Catholic Grace is not Biblical Grace

Ray Kane asked me to tell you all on this forum that the Catholic Church teaches a false grace.

acts413.org/religions/catholic/grace.htm:frowning:

[quote=Sirach14]Ray Kane asked me to tell you all on this forum that the Catholic Church teaches a false grace.

[/quote]

“It should help Catholics learn that their church has a false unbiblical definition of the grace of God” (Ray Kane):nope:

Tell Mr Kane that since the words Trinity and Incarnation are not in the Bible we wonder if he’s gonna teach us not to believe in that as well…

Oh yeah and that since he claims to like that Calvinist predestination stuff ask him why he doesn’t agree with Calvin’s remarks on this…

[size=3]Mother of God[/size]

John Calvin: “It cannot be denied that God in choosing and destining Mary to be the Mother of His Son, granted her the highest honor…Elizabeth calls Mary Mother of the Lord, because the unity of the person in the two natures of Christ was such that she could have said that the mortal man engendered in the womb of Mary was at the same time the eternal God.” (Calvini Opera, Corpus reformatorum, Braunschweig-Berlin, 1863-1900, Vol. 45, page 348 and 335.)
The Perpetual Virginity of Mary:**

John Calvin: “ There have been certain folk who have wished to suggest from this passage [Matthew 1:25] that the Virgin Mary had other children than the Son of God, and that Joseph had then dwelt with her later; but what folly this is! For the gospel writer did not wish to record what happened afterwards; he simply wished to make clear Joseph’s obedience and to show that Joseph had been well and truly assured that it was God who had sent His angel to Mary. He had therefore never dwelt with her nor had he shared her company… And beside this Our Lord Jesus Christ is called the first-born. This is not because there was a second or a third, but because the gospel writer is paying regard to the precedence. Scripture speaks thus of naming the first-born whether or no there was any question of the second.” (Sermon on Matthew 1:22-25. Published in 1562.)

I wouldn’t waste my time on his site. People who really wanna know the truth with come here and discuss it without all the trash talk and rhetoric.

[quote=Sirach14]Ray Kane asked me to tell you all on this forum that the Catholic Church teaches a false grace.

[/quote]

OK< let me get this straight. He’s asked you to TELL us, we, the “unsaved” according to HIS OPINION that the Catholic Church teaching something adverse to his opinion?

And he has the audacity to have this posted on the very page in question:

CHALLENGING PEOPLE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES ABOUT LIFE’S MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

The man has already discredited himself. We need read no further.

I think, in my own humble opinion, that I will go on with thinking for myself and so take the advice given first. I find the most important issue here to be to disregard the random thoughts of an anti-Catholic who has made himself God.

I’m so glad we have peple like him…after all, where would we be if we didn’t have someone to tell us how to think about the Church?

Who is Kane? He doesn’t appear very able. (pun intended) :slight_smile:

Cheched out your link. It seems he tries to make an arguement by proof-text. That is he strings unrelated verse together after yanking them from all context. The classic example is:

“he departed and went off and hanged himself.” Matt. 27:5

“Go and do likewise.” Luke 10:37

[quote=StCsDavid]Who is Kane? He doesn’t appear very able. (pun intended) :slight_smile:
[/quote]

That’s a better one than mine! I was thinking “Not a Ray of truth.” :nope:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.