Catholic Hip-Hop

Hi I have been recently exposed to sites like Phatmass and a bunch of good stuff on you-tube like Le, Dy-Verse, C2Six and Fr Stan Fortuna.

I have also heard a Catholic punk band called the Thirsting but I only really like one of there songs.

Anybody else into this stuff or something similiar?

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with PhatMass.

not my kind of music but I have nothing against it because I haven’t heard any of it. I am only 24 but I refuse to leave the 80’s. Def Leppard, Bad Company, Cheap Trick, Van Halen, Eddie Money, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, White Lion, Skid Row, Cinderella, Poison, etc etc. That’s my kind of music. If they don’t got hair I aint goin there.

I like it. I ordered my catechism from them.

Fr Stan Fortuna?

Is he the (I think) Franciscan that done ‘Ain’t no party like a Catholic party’ ?

I saw him at WYD, was good entertainment!

PhatMass makes me giggle and think at the same time. :slight_smile:

You are correct!:thumbsup:

Love these 2 albums

Massmatics - Catholic Hip-hop Volume 1

Massmatics - Catholic Hip-hop Volume 2

I recently released a hip-hop/rap album associated with Phatmass that you can listen to in its entirety here:
Paradox & DJ Sean P - “Mending”
If you’re skeptical, maybe you would feel better knowing that I also teach Theology at a Catholic High School and have Masters degrees in Theology and Secondary Education.

Cool!

Thanks for sharing!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.