Catholic History Resources?

I posted this in another thread on the Apologetics forum, but didn’t get any takers. As I’ve seen many requests for resource recommendations on this forum, I thought maybe I should try here!

Does anyone have any recommended online resources related to Church History? Something with a good (brief) timeline would be good.

Here’s what I’ve found so far:

Catholic Educator’s Resource Center
catholiceducation.org
This is an excellent resource to locate articles on a wide variety of topics relevant to catholic education, including many great articles related to Church history.

Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/cathen/index.html
Online intratext version of the 1917 Catholic Encyclopedia. Good source for information on many people, places, and events in Church history.

CatholicHistory.net
catholichistory.net
From their website: “CatholicHistory.net is a resource for students, teachers, researchers, and anyone interested in the history of Catholicism in the United States. Its purpose is to promote deeper and wider understanding of the place of Catholics and the Catholic Church in the history of the American nation.”

EWTN Document Library – Church History
ewtn.com/library/indexes/CHISTORY.htm
Here is a database of over 150 articles related to Church history. EWTN also has a library of articles on a wide variety of additional topics at www.ewtn.com/new_library/fileindexes.htm.

Eusebius’ Church History
newadvent.org/fathers/2501.htm
An online version of this classic book. It is a thorough look at the history of the Catholic Church from the beginning up to the time of Constantine (ca. 325 AD).

I should note that I am NOT a student looking for help with my homework, in case you’re wondering. :slight_smile: This is just for my edification and further study. I’m always looking for good Catholic resources should the opportunity arise to pass the info on to others.

I also have the books “The Compact History of the Catholic Church” by Alan Schreck and “Triumph” by H.W. Crocker III, which are excellent as well. I’m more interested in online resources, but if you have any book recommendations, I’d take them, too

Thanks!

I like them :thumbsup:

Here is a timeline of the first 500 years of Catholic Church history. There is also a timeline of the East-West schism and an index of all popes linked to their entries in the Catholic Encyclopedia at New Advent.

Thanks for that link, Cranch! That’s very helpful. It looks like a good site for other info as well.

I’m glad you like the info ImmaculataChamp! I do what I can :slight_smile:

Thanks Joe, I appreciated your post on this board and have tagged several of them for later use.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.