Catholic HS vice principal resignation triggering ongoing protest

King 5 news

“Students at Eastside Catholic say they are staging a sit-in in protest after the vice principal was forced to resign.”

This is happening in my neck of the woods. Apparently the sit-in is spreading to other Catholic HS in the area

And all those kids need to be expelled.

These kids should not be protesting. This Catholic school had every right to fire this man for “marrying” another man. These kids ought to be supporting the school in their efforts to uphold true moral values.

Further indoctrination of the youth that equality means being exactly the same, and that these false morals must be accepted by everyone, lest anyone withholding be called a bigot.

What the school should do is bring a loud speaker to the sit-in and teach them about Theology of the Body.

:thumbsup:

Aye.

Bringing charges for disturbance of the peace and disorderly conduct certainly wouldn’t be a bad idea in my opinion. Little cretins…

I’d propose we not make them martyrs to a false cause, but rather educate those ‘little cretins’ with the truth of Christ.

The etymology of your chosen insult amuses me.

And those kids can go back to public school if they don’t like it. :slight_smile:

This is scary…

These are CATHOLIC High School students.

Why do they not understand the tenants of their own Religion.

Who is teaching these kids?

I hope the vice principle was not Catholic. (Fine example)

The whole Religious education department of that school should resign in disgrace.

A busload of Christian Brothers should be brought in for a full month of religious indoctrination for those who want to remain at that school.

This is what happens when lay teachers replace Religious Orders.

If those students are protesting then it seems to safe to assume they disagree with Catholic teaching on marriage. I do know the religious beliefs of the students as there are non Catholics that go to some Catholic schools, but if you go to a Catholic school, whether you agree with Catholic teaching on marriage or not, you should respect the institution you are in and the teaching they have. Many Catholic schools are sought after and if those students do not agree with a fundamenetal Catholic teaching and do not rspect that teaching, then this may sound harsh, but why are there? Why don’t transfer to a school which is more liberal in their views on marriage.

If those students are protesting then it seems to safe to assume they disagree with Catholic teaching on marriage. I do know the religious beliefs of the students as there are non Catholics that go to some Catholic schools, but if you go to a Catholic school, whether you agree with Catholic teaching on marriage or not, you should respect the institution you are in and the teaching they have. Many Catholic schools are sought after and if those students do not agree with a fundamental Catholic teaching and do not respect that teaching, then this may sound harsh, but why don’t they transfer to a school which is more liberal in their views on marriage. Or can the students be totally blamed? What is this school teaching in regards to marriage?

An example for the need for better catechisis

I agree with you. This is a Catholic school. These students ought to know and believe what the Catholic teaching on this is.

I would also suggest teaching the kids some basics of contract law

That would definitely be a good idea considering that they are going to be out in the world and hopefully finding their own jobs soon.

However, I would say that they also definitely need to receive good catechesis and I wood say good catechesis is way more important.

Go easy on them. They are standing up for their beliefs on what many consider a Social Justice issue. That’s more than a lot of kids would do. Most teenage kids have to be pried away from their lovers, their drugs, their tablets and computers or their cell phones just to do a household chore. These kids just need to have the faith better explained to them including the why’s and be pointed in the direction of a different cause.

There is another term for indoctrination.

Looks to me like a very good time for the administration to instruct the teachers to schedule tests, assign papers, etc, and to let the students know they’ll have to live with the grades they get or don’t get on those things.

Seem to me like a probable group of know-it-all kids (likely with know it all parents) who are more interested in being trendy than they are in being Catholic.

But do their “principles” trump their future college plans? My guess is that their personal ambitions trump all. “Trendy” does not improve a college application when a disaster semester is on one’s transcript.

Time for term papers and exams due right after Christmas break!

Exactly. For those who think they should go to a public school, that would be the public school’s gain.

Having attended HS in the 1970s, we protested often. If there were consequences so be it, but being assigned authority does not make anyone infallible.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.