Catholic Icing contest

Are any of you familiar with Catholic Icing? Its a blog by a young mother (named Lacy) who shares surprisingly imaginative crafts and activities.. She is very creative and brings the faith alive in ways children can easily enjoy.
catholicicing.blogspot.com/

Catholic Icing is a finalist for the Best Catholic Blog award from Catholicism.About.com.
Lacy is up against some pretty tough competition, all of which are hard-edged serious blogs. I wonder if anyone here would consider visiting the contest page and supporting her?
catholicism.about.com/od/thechurchintheworld/tp/2011-About-Com-Catholicism-Readers-Choice-Awards.htm

Oh, and Catholic Answers is also nominated in five of the ten categories, too. So that might be a reason in itself to visit. These are the CA nominations:

• The Fathers Know Best—Best Catholic Book of 2010
• Catholic.com—Best Catholic Website of 2010
• Catholic Answers LIVE—Best Catholic Podcast of 2010
• This Rock—Best Catholic Magazine of 2010
• Catholic Answers Facebook Page—Best Catholic Facebook Page of 2010

[quote="Dale_M, post:1, topic:228934"]
Are any of you familiar with Catholic Icing? Its a blog by a young mother (named Lacy) who shares surprisingly imaginative crafts and activities.. She is very creative and brings the faith alive in ways children can easily enjoy.
catholicicing.blogspot.com/

Catholic Icing is a finalist for the Best Catholic Blog award from Catholicism.About.com.
Lacy is up against some pretty tough competition, all of which are hard-edged serious blogs. I wonder if anyone here would consider visiting the contest page and supporting her?
catholicism.about.com/od/thechurchintheworld/tp/2011-About-Com-Catholicism-Readers-Choice-Awards.htm

Oh, and Catholic Answers is also nominated in five of the ten categories, too. So that might be a reason in itself to visit. These are the CA nominations:

• The Fathers Know Best—Best Catholic Book of 2010
• Catholic.com—Best Catholic Website of 2010
• Catholic Answers LIVE—Best Catholic Podcast of 2010
• This Rock—Best Catholic Magazine of 2010
• Catholic Answers Facebook Page—Best Catholic Facebook Page of 2010

[/quote]

Can I vote even though I am not catholic?

[quote="StrawberryJam, post:2, topic:228934"]
Can I vote even though I am not catholic?

[/quote]

They didn't ask me for a parish registration. ;)

I think its open to anyone who is interested enough about Catholic matters that they actively read about it, online or offline.

I applaud her creative and selfless efforts to help others, even though I do not have the same belief system as she does.

Not many people would spend so much time to give of themselves this way.

She touches on one area I have a soft spot on. The story where Jesus rebukes the disciples who are trying to keep the children from him. Children can be distracting, if you are too focused on something and not realizing that it is in children we see things we may have missed along the way.

She has my vote.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.