Catholic/Jewish Wedding Plans

Please pray for my son, and his fiancee who just became engaged. My son will be 29 next week, and has found a wonderful girl to share his life with. She comes from a secular Jewish/Presbyterian background but is willing to have her children baptized. My son does not belong to any particular parish since he left home, and we live overseas. I suggested a priest to him who I think will be able to help them in their marriage prep, plan their wedding, and who will present the Church to my son's fiancee in a good light, but we don't belong to his parish. I am asking prayers that this wonderful priest will talk to them, and help them with love, in hopes that someday my future daughter-in-law will might listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and become a Catholic. Please pray for this young couple who are preparing for marriage. Thank you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Praying for your son and his fiancee …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you for your prayers. I felt guilty posting this because so many of the prayer requests here are for life and death matters, and our family is so happy right now. I still realize that getting this marriage off to the right start will effect their immortal souls and those of their children. Thanks again.

Marysann, I will pray for your son and his Fiancee. I will also tell you that I am Catholic and I married a Jew. Most importantly, I married a good man. We had 2 children and they are grown now. We have been married for 25 yrs and still love each other and don’t have any problems despite our religious differences. We knew from the begining that we had to respect and accept our differences. We did not try to change each other. We embraced our differences and tried to encourage each other in our faiths. We discused our preferences for raising our children and agreed that since I was more active in practicing my faith that we would raise them Catholic and he would support us. Also because in his religion the Spouse would have to convert in order for the children to be Jewish. That’s what we were told by his Grandparents. We feel like we made a good decision and that we have a good family. We may have our differences but we all believe in God and we don’t believe that there should only be one Religion in this world. May their Love for each other Guide them with every decision that they make in Life.

Your request is deeply important, and I’ll pray for your son and future daughter-in-law, and you and all your family, at my weekend Masses. God bless you.

This is an important prayer request. Will keep your son and future daughter-in-law in prayer. She sounds like a very good and lovely person. Will also pray the Priest gives them good instruction so they can start their lives off on the right path…

Praying.

Friend.

"All" prayer requests are important. I'm delighted that you posted yours.

Lifting you and your family in prayer.

Be well.

Peace,
Kathleen

I also wanted to tell you that your request for prayer is very important. We need strong
families who live holy lives, and the marriage is the beginning. I will pray for your
request.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.