Catholic League's Mother Teresa Rally One Week Away (Sign the Petition!)

One week from today, on August 26, the Catholic League is holding a rally to protest the decision by officials from the Empire State Building not to light the towers blue and white on the 100th anniversary of Mother Teresa’s birthday. The rally will feature speakers who are Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Hindu and Muslim, as well as celebrities and government officials from both parties.

The rally begins at 6:00 p.m. Please enter at 34th Street and 6th Avenue, and remember to wear blue and white.

catholicleague.org/release.php?id=1965

Sign the petition:

Last year the Empire State Building shone in red and yellow lights to honor the 60th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Revolution. Yet under its founder, Mao Zedong, the Communists killed 77 million people. In other words, the greatest mass murderer in history merited the same tribute being denied to Mother Teresa.

catholicleague.org/petition.php

(I signed it about a week or so ago, and I haven’t received any sort of fundraising solicitation emails from the Catholic League, if that is a concern of anyone.)

God bless you for this.

What a heart-warming photo of Mother Teresa holding a young child.

Mother Teresa pray for all of us. Amen.

I signed it!

…me, too!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.