Catholic League's "recommendations" for Christmas songs

catholicleague.org/05press_releases/quarter%204/051209_holiday_songs.htm

My husband pointed out a commercial earlier this afternoon that had changed the words from “We wish you a Merry Christmas!” to “We wish you a Merry Holiday! We wish you a Merry Holiday…”

Okay. I’m hoping this is just a sarcastic joke??? I’m a little slow on the uptake today, so…if not a joke—IT SHOULD BE!!! Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

[quote=Princess_Abby]catholicleague.org/05press_releases/quarter%204/051209_holiday_songs.htm

My husband pointed out a commercial earlier this afternoon that had changed the words from “We wish you a Merry Christmas!” to “We wish you a Merry Holiday! We wish you a Merry Holiday…”
[/quote]

If it’s the commercial I’m thinking of, I think they’re actually saying “Honda day,” which is pretty sacrilegious if you ask me.

[quote=Giannawannabe]Okay. I’m hoping this is just a sarcastic joke??? I’m a little slow on the uptake today, so…if not a joke—IT SHOULD BE!!! Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!
[/quote]

Yes, Catholic League is just being funny. :slight_smile:

Here is a link where they report about the war on Christmas: catholicleague.org/newsreleases.htm

[quote=Kristina P.]If it’s the commercial I’m thinking of, I think they’re actually saying “Honda day,” which is pretty sacrilegious if you ask me.
[/quote]

I think it’s a different one because the Honda-Day one is familiar to me too. And yes I think it’s ridiculous.

[quote=Princess_Abby]Yes, Catholic League is just being funny. :slight_smile:

Here is a link where they report about the war on Christmas: catholicleague.org/newsreleases.htm
[/quote]

Whew!!! I think I better get some sleep!!! I’m usually a little quicker than that!! Thanks!:smiley:

I was at the salon getting my hair cut yesterday and I was impressed how every single person (maybe 5)said “Merry Christmas” as they left and the stylists replied, “And Merry Christmas to you”.

Hark the Herald pixies sing

We wish you a merry holiday
we wish you some season’s greetings
we wish you a happy holiday
and a snappy new year

On the first day of the season my significant other gave to me . . .

The First Kwanza, commentators did say was to certain poor shnooks whose visas maxed out.

O little town of Babylon, how depraved we see thee lie
above thy deep and wretched streets neon ads light up the sky.

It came upon a solstice clear, that riotous song of old
from wiccans flying o’er the earth whose souls are bought and sold.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog . . .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.