Catholic Literature, Ignatius Press

Ignatius Press has a book with summaries of various novels written by Catholic authors. Does anyone know the title of that book? Or does anyone have any suggestions for good Catholic authors/novels? I have read and enjoyed novels by Graham Greene, Sigrid Undset, and Evelyn Waugh…thanks!

"Father Elijah" is a really good book! :) ignatius.com/Products/FE-P/father-elijah.aspx

Hmmm… That doesn’t ring a bell with me. Ignatius Press publishes a lot of literary critic/biographer Jospeh Pearce’s books, but I can’t think of one that matches that exact description.

These seem the closest to what you’re looking for:
[LIST]
*]Literary Giants, Literary Catholics
*]Literary Converts
[/LIST]

I enjoy Michael D. O’Brien’s books (also published by Ignatius Press). Walker Percy is another Catholic author. Of course, you do not want to overlook J.R.R. Tolkien. :slight_smile:

Sophia Institute Press seems to be making the effort to carve out a Catholic fiction niche. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them putting out a lot of fiction in the coming years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.