Catholic Media Conventions

I know the Pope has asked all Catholics to use the new media to evangelize and I always see protestants making these huge conventions of christian media, i've been to some and i have to admit they are pretty cool cause they have books and movie studios, and musicians and they remind me of a comic book convention but not as crazy.
What i wanna know is if we Catholics (the old school of Christians) have any thing like this in this country of ours, if we do can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
:D

You should organize one. I'll come to it if you do. :D

In all honesty, I think that us Catholics can often be behind the curve when it comes to stuff like that. Not that there aren't a lot of great Catholic apostolates that are utilizing the new media in great ways. There are. But there hasn't really been a united effort manifesting itself in a national convention.

The USCCB recently formed an Office of Digital Media. You might keep a close eye on them to see what sort of stuff they do.

Pretty much any national or regional Catholic conference you go to is going to have a new media component. In other words, they may have a talk or two on the issue. But I haven't yet come across one that is dedicated solely to using the new media in evangelization efforts. I think it would be a worthwhile endeavor. Let me know if you find anything. ;)

i think i found one: catholicpress.org/?page=CMC
yesss! :D
2010 Catholic Media Convention
June 2 - 4, 2010
Wednesday-Thursday-Friday
New Orleans Marriott

New Orleans, Louisiana

Good find. I'm not sure I trust CPA in matters of theology, but I bet they have some good stuff on the use of the media in Catholic contexts.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.