Catholic Music Albums to Recommend?

I have a digital copy of Alma Mater and I was wondering if anybody knows of any albums similar to this. I wish I could be more detailed about this but I’m neither musically-talented or knowledgeable. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, please click here. —>Regina Coeli

Hmmm. Maybe this?

youtube.com/watch?v=YVJ_iMXOijk

The above is from this album:

secure.marianweb.net/giftshop/product.php?DID=107&PID=09110083&CATNAME=DIVINE+MERCY

If you’re looking for something less modern/more traditional, try these:

giamusic.com/search_details.cfm?title_id=8487

giamusic.com/search_details.cfm?title_id=4909

I’m definitely a fan of the more traditional stuff. Catholic Classics is a pretty good album! As for the last link, I can’t read sheet music… :blush:

I have to say though, after listening to those tracks, I find Alma Mater to be a unique sounding album.

Sorry, my mistake! :o Here’s the link to the CD itself:

giamusic.com/search_details.cfm?title_id=8412

On the Marian Classics album, the Polish song, “Serdeczna Matko” (resources.giamusic.com/mp3s/539_6.mp3) is one of the most beautiful I’ve heard! :heaven:

That song is beautiful.

No Catholic Radio in your area? Listen online for free: ihradio.org/wp-content/themes…io/listen.html

Thank you for that link, Morwenna.
Now I have a Catholic radio in my area.
God bless you.

While not specifically Catholic, I’m reminded of this since it was featured in a video of Father Fernando Suarez. This is the Ateneo University (Philippines) Glee Club performing Lauridsen’s “Dirait-on” from Les Chansons des Roses.

sisterraquel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/c07a-dirait-on-suarez1.mp3

More about Ateneo GC:

jb-music.de/ateneo_uk.htm

I’ve searched for, but never found, a version of this song which compares to Ateneo’s. :slight_smile:

YAY! :extrahappy: I’m so happy that I was able to share it with you, Chris! Immaculate Heart Radio has been a HUGE blessing in my life; I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I have :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.