Catholic Organizations and Support of Homosexuality

The American Family Association has called for a boycott of Ford Motor Company and its products.

Ford Motor Company dealerships are generous to Catholic churches, Catholic schools, and Catholic Radio Stations and some dealership owners are very solid Catholics. So, what is the moral responsibility of the dealerships and those receiving support from these dealerships in light of Ford’s over-whelming support of homosexuality ?

Regards,

Terry Dishneau

The AFA is not a Catholic organization. I don’t see any reason why its policies and programs necessarily apply to Catholic churches, radio stations, schools, etc.

So, what is the moral responsibility of the dealerships and those receiving support from these dealerships in light of Ford’s over-whelming support of homosexuality ?

This is a different question. I guess we would first have to establish whether or not the Ford Motor Co. actually does provide overwhelming support to homosexuality.

I dont see the big deal because the catholic gets all pissed off if someones gay or supports them. How can catholics explain the fact that some people are biologicly gay so that makes them a sinner. Hell no

Well I wouldn’t exactly put it in the same words as the previous post but I don’t get offended if Ford supports homosexuals. They also hire many family people and therefore should be treated as a respectable business. I just don’t jump on the boycott bandwagons.

As long as it is a secular organization they are not held to Catholic Morals.

The Vatican has given us guidance in the homosexual matter please read.

vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20030731_homosexual-unions_en.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.