Catholic, Orthodox leaders speak out against gay pride parade

So because he didn’t like the book, it means that you know what he thinks about two men having a particular type of sex?

Accepting homosexuality means what?

Having homosexual tendencies is not a sin acting on it is.

Accepting that it exists, allowing people to be proud of who they are, ect.

:eek: Why would they be “proud” of an inclination that is “intrinsically disordered.” ? Why would any human be proud of a sinful nature? Should a pedophile be accepted? Should a pedophile be proud of who they are? Would you say that acceptance of pedophile is not the same as approving pedophilia?

It’s not sinful to be homosexual.

It is not sinful to be a pedophile.

Pedophile acts are very harmful to other people and homosexual acts don’t hurt anyone.

From a Catholic perspective, being proud to be a homosexual is more like being proud to have an illness imo.

I have never heard of a person who was “proud” to have an illness. A pedophile who remains chaste is the same as a homosexual who remains chaste there is no sin. It is when they engage in sex that it becomes sin and there is not a bit of difference between them. When you state that it is not a sin to be a homosexual that does not engage in it you are correct but that is equally true of a pedophile. It makes no difference who is hurt. I would postulate that there is no such thing as a sin not being harmful. Homosexual acts hurt the people involved. Look what it has done to our country. There is movement similar to the beginning of homosexuals to make pedophilia acceptable. I disagree strongly that it hurts no one. Do you believe committing a mortal sin doesn’t hurt you?

Lots of people are proud to have an illness or disability.

I think it makes a big difference how much harm a sin causes to other people, IIRC sins against charity are considered to be the worst sins.

IMO, it’s the difference between saying ‘I’m proud that I have never murdered anyone’ and saying ‘I’m proud that I have never had sex’.

Homosexual acts don’t hurt anyone in a way that’s in any way comparable to how child sex abuse hurts people.

Ah but your statement is homosexuality is not a sin neither is being a pedophile a sin. Since the only way they are not a sin is not engaging in the act, it means that neither one is hurting anyone. The practicing homosexual does hurt themselves, their partner and society. Pedophiles do indeed have an innocent victim but both are mortal sins. Mortal sins kill the life of a soul. For the perpetrator, the harm done is the same.

Why would anyone be proud to have an illness or disability? Strange concept.

Your comment is very uncharitable. I always wonder why people against homosexuality always attack men and never two women perhaps has something to with prejudice.You are not forced to think of anyone having sex.

My point was that being proud to be a homosexual isn’t the same as being proud to be a pedophile.

Not all mortal sins are equal.

Because it’s part of who they are and they may have overcome difficulties because of them.

Are you saying it is uncharitable because he talks of men and not women? Do you consider people who oppose the sin of homosexuality attacking? It doesn’t matter what the sex is that participates in homosexuality both are deadly sins. We should want to help avoid it.

My point is that neither should be proud of the inclinations which are "intrinsically disordered
definition
1.feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one’s own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.

Not all mortal sins are equal.

All mortal sins are equal as they do the same thing kill the life of the soul. They aren’t more or less dead because of the sin committed. It doesn’t matter if they commit adultery, murder someone, or have immoral sex.

Because it’s part of who they are and they may have overcome difficulties because of them.

This make no sense as written. perhaps you can rephrase.

I don’t see why people shouldn’t be proud of who they are. Catholics don’t need to pretend that homosexuals don’t exist.

All mortal sins are equal as they do the same thing kill the life of the soul. They aren’t more or less dead because of the sin committed. It doesn’t matter if they commit adultery, murder someone, or have immoral sex.

I don’t think that God considers having sex outside of marriage to be equally as evil as abusing children.

This make no sense as written. perhaps you can rephrase.

I was explaining why someone might be proud to have a disability or illness.

Who pretends they don’t exist. You can hardly do that since they are so in your face.

I don’t think that God considers having sex outside of marriage to be equally as evil as abusing children.

Dead is dead there are no degrees of death. They are equal in results.

I was explaining why someone might be proud to have a disability or illness.

Makes sense now

I can see them being proud of their accomplishments but not in the difficulties themselves.

I can go along with that.

I had disadvantages in life, too. I’m not proud of the disadvantages, but I’m proud of how hard I had to work to overcome tham.

And how charitable is brainwashing the general public into accepting evil?

I don’t believe civil rights are evil.

See? You’ve been brainwashed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.