Catholic parents disturbed by powerful drive to set up gay clubs in Catholic schools throughout Ontario

The link below provides a series of letters from Catholic parents in Ontario, Canada, speaking about the gay clubs being set up in their Catholic schools. These letters also provide a revealing glimpse about the tactics school leaders have used to try to overcome resistance this drive.
see catholicinsight.com/online/church/education/article_1152.shtml

It is a non-violent coup by the government using the rule of law. This is the start of a new persecution I fear.

This is one of the reasons why I hate the gay rights movement, they everyone to swallow their bile and make it a point to force groups oppose to them to accept them by threat of the government.

Whats a gay club please?
I thought gay clubs meant gay nightclubs.
What are they proposing in these schools-Ie:what exactly would be taught in these clubs?

here a school would be in violation of child protection and ethical conduct in ministry standards set by the bishop but setting up a club to promote sexual expression of any kind.

In Canada, the government supports Catholic education financially. Aside from some minimal aid, that is not the case here in the USA. The financial support provided by Canada opens the door to control of policies and curriculae. God forbid, the people calling the shots are on the wrong side of Catholic teaching.

I live in Ontario Canada and yes the Catholic schools are free. The only requirements is to 'be Catholic' or if space allows, anyone can go

I have for a long time been disgusted by the way the schools are run. Half of the teachers are living with their boyfriend/girlfriend. That is NOT a Catholic education

It is no big surprise this is the next move

CM

[quote="cargau, post:6, topic:245800"]
In Canada, the government supports Catholic education financially. Aside from some minimal aid, that is not the case here in the USA. The financial support provided by Canada opens the door to control of policies and curriculae. God forbid, the people calling the shots are on the wrong side of Catholic teaching.

[/quote]

Thus why my kids don't go to Catholic school.

About 10 years ago a young man sued a CATHOLIC high school not too far from here because they told him he couldn't bring his boyfriend to prom. The kid won.

[quote="Flavius_Aetius, post:3, topic:245800"]
This is one of the reasons why I hate the gay rights movement, they everyone to swallow their bile and make it a point to force groups oppose to them to accept them by threat of the government.

[/quote]

Exactly!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.