Catholic Procedures when Christ returns

I’ve just recently wondered what the Catholic Church will do when Christ returns. Is there a ritual or a specific set of prayers that will be done or said??? Just wondering. I can only imagine how packed the churches will be. Thanks!!! :smiley:

I can’t speak for the whole Church, but this little part of it will just do whatever Jesus tells me to do…

And I’d guess the Churches will be empty since we’ll all be standing before the Throne.

Just my opinion…

God bless

If I understand correctly, history as we know it will end when Christ returns. The final judgment will be passed; all people still living will enter into their destiny (Heaven, Hell or Purgatory). I think the resurrection of the body will also occur at that time. Or, I'm not clear on this point, maybe that will occur later when all the poor souls in Purgatory have completed their purgation - at point Purgatory will cease to exist, having completed its purpose; and there will be no more temporal existence, all souls being either in Heaven or Hell.

At any rate there are no procedures to be followed, no prayers to be recited, when Christ returns. And no, the churches won't be packed - we won't need them any more. Those things belong to this life, to this Earthly existence; all of that will be over when the Lord comes again.

I'm sure we'll all be speechless.;)

The only procedure is to be in the state of grace.

Won’t have to worry about paying the mortgage at that point (you know, when the REAL Messiah comes, not the fake one).

I'm sure somebody will try to ask Him for his views on hand-holding during the Our Father.

[quote="jc4751, post:6, topic:302167"]
Won't have to worry about paying the mortgage at that point (you know, when the REAL Messiah comes, not the fake one).

[/quote]

:clapping:

[quote="yellow8yellowM, post:5, topic:302167"]
The only procedure is to be in the state of grace.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

…and I have a feeling no matter what His reply might be, the issue will not be settled in the minds of some.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: LoL!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

[quote="DaveBj, post:7, topic:302167"]
I'm sure somebody will try to ask Him for his views on hand-holding during the Our Father.

[/quote]

Someone else will watch and wonder if others are receiving Communion in the eyes and the hearts worthily.

Some will be surprised by the huge throng of Protestants, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and atheists.

[quote="Stylites, post:11, topic:302167"]
Someone else will watch and wonder if others are receiving Communion in the eyes and the hearts worthily.

Some will be surprised by the huge throng of Protestants, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and atheists.

[/quote]

Haha, so true!

This will be the end times, and I suspect the world will be so chaotic at that point that any formal response on our part will be either impossible or pointless, although nobody knows for sure what it will be like.

I don't think it's going to happen tomorrow or before the end of this year, Mayan calendars notwithstanding, so best we just keep the state of our own souls in order until we die.

[quote="Myqyl, post:10, topic:302167"]
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: LoL!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

[/quote]

Ditto...

I seriously doubt the Catholic Church will have any procedures planned when Christ returns.
Why? Because the world events leading up to Jesus our Savior return will be a time of great chaos upon the face of the entire Earth.

The Great Day of God's Retribution will be unlike no human has ever seen even before Adam and Eve set foot on this world.

No one recognized Jesus Christ in this world during His first Advent. Given all the events leading up to Christ's Second Advent who's to say in finality it will be the End of Time.:shrug:

I don't think it will be a very easy time in the World. Nor will Christ's Return to this world be an exact depiction as perceived in Holy Scripture as all humans understand it to be.

[quote="joshnov17, post:1, topic:302167"]
I've just recently wondered what the Catholic Church will do when Christ returns. Is there a ritual or a specific set of prayers that will be done or said??? Just wondering. I can only imagine how packed the churches will be. Thanks!!! :D

[/quote]

Reuinite with all the other Apostolic Churches.

This thread reminds of a bumper sticker: "Jesus is coming back, and boy is He mad!"

[quote="DaveBj, post:16, topic:302167"]
This thread reminds of a bumper sticker: "Jesus is coming back, and boy is He mad!"

[/quote]

"Jesus is coming...LOOK BUSY!!"

[quote="joshnov17, post:1, topic:302167"]
I've just recently wondered what the Catholic Church will do when Christ returns. Is there a ritual or a specific set of prayers that will be done or said??? Just wondering. I can only imagine how packed the churches will be. Thanks!!! :D

[/quote]

No offence to anyone but personally I'll be making the best Act of Contrition I can muster in the circumstances. To say that it has to cover a multitude of sins is an understatement!:blush:

[quote="Mark1970, post:18, topic:302167"]
No offence to anyone but personally I'll be making the best Act of Contrition I can muster in the circumstances. To say that it has to cover a multitude of sins is an understatement!:blush:

[/quote]

I know whatcha mean, bro. Whenever I picture myself meeting Jesus for the first time, I'm always on my face and trying to become one with the floor/ground/whatever we happen to be on.

[quote="DaveBj, post:7, topic:302167"]

[/quote]

I heard that there is a secret rubric that says that when the Messiah returns, the priest will skip the sign of peace. I also heard a rumor that the Lord said in a press conference that He prefers EP 3 (but that's just a rumor.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.