Catholic/Protestant apologetics event near Detroit

stanastasia.org/id106.html

Hope ya’ll can make it!

From the site: “candid discussion about Catholic and Protestants views on God’s Word, the Eucharist, Salvation, and Mary–plus answer questions from the audience”

Does that mean a formal debate? (opening, rebut, cross-exam, closing) Or an informal discussion sitting down at a table?

Phil P

[quote=PhilVaz]From the site: “candid discussion about Catholic and Protestants views on God’s Word, the Eucharist, Salvation, and Mary–plus answer questions from the audience”

Does that mean a formal debate? (opening, rebut, cross-exam, closing) Or an informal discussion sitting down at a table?

Phil P
[/quote]

From elsewhere on the site, it looks like there will be speakers giving formal presentations, with Q & A afterwards.
stanastasia.org/id93.html

Browsing around their webpage, it looks like a pretty decent parish.

The pastor, Father John Riccardo, is a solidly orthodox priest and one of the most beloved in the Archdiocese of Detroit. I am sure this event will be good…

[quote=Fidelis]From elsewhere on the site, it looks like there will be speakers giving formal presentations, with Q & A afterwards.
stanastasia.org/id93.html

Browsing around their webpage, it looks like a pretty decent parish.
[/quote]

The pastor there, Fr. John Ricardo, simply ROCKS!. He is a regular speaker on Ave Maria Radio and the man really has a gift of explaining othrodox teaching in way that makes hugh light bulbs appear all over his audience.

The format is a presentation on each side over what the beliefs are, with an intent to clear up any misconceptions.

And if I could pick a man to do this correctly, it would be Fr. John

Its about a 5 hour drive for me, but it may be worth the effort. (If I can make it, just look for a guy wearing a fedora.)

Thal59

[quote=Thal59]Its about a 5 hour drive for me, but it may be worth the effort. (If I can make it, just look for a guy wearing a fedora.)

Thal59
[/quote]

I’ll be looking for ya!

I hope many can make it. This kind of event is incredibly rare. It’s the first I’ve heard of something like this locally.

Both apologists were interviewed on Ave Maria Radio this morning, and they said that they are expecting a large turn-out.

This should really be an interesting event, although I hope it doesn’t turn out to be a big I’m OK/You’re OK session.

Be sure to post when it’s over and let us all know how it went!

I wouldn’t be able to make it (due to classes and tight fincacess right now) is there a way to get a transcrept after the event? Thanks and God bless.

[quote=lepanto]I’ll be looking for ya!

I hope many can make it. This kind of event is incredibly rare. It’s the first I’ve heard of something like this locally.
[/quote]

I have to let you down. I have decided not to go. It would be for me about a 12 hour drive round-trip, and I would have to spend the night at a hotel since it is an evening event. (Not quite worth the time and expense for a 2-3 hour program.)

However, unless there is an unexpected clash in schedules, I will most likely go to the day long event in Westphalia Michigan on March 18.

Thal59

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.