Catholic Radio on Sirius XM?

Okay, so I recently found out that there is a Catholic “station” playing on Sirius XM. However I wasn’t sure if it’s orthodox or not, especially as the station was described as “Not What You Think”. It seems this isn’t the same as EWTN radio, which as I recall used to be on Sirius before they merged with XM. (I unfortunately did not get to actually listen to that, as I joined through XM before the merger).

So, just wanted to know, does anyone here listen to this station, and if so are there any particular recommended shows? I usually use XM to listen to music, sometimes some news stations. But if there are good Catholic shows, please let me know.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

[quote="ToeInTheWater, post:1, topic:266278"]
Okay, so I recently found out that there is a Catholic "station" playing on Sirius XM. However I wasn't sure if it's orthodox or not, especially as the station was described as "Not What You Think". It seems this isn't the same as EWTN radio, which as I recall used to be on Sirius before they merged with XM. (I unfortunately did not get to actually listen to that, as I joined through XM before the merger).

[/quote]

EWTN is still broadcast to Sirius radios, but, for reasons unclear to me, it is not broadcast to XM radios. Sirius and XM merged a couple years ago, but some differences in their programming still exists.

However, both Sirius and XM radios can receive The Catholic Channel, which seems to be the channel you asked about. Here is a link to the webpage. It lists, and briefly describes, some of the programs.
siriusxm.com/thecatholicchannel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.