Catholic Rap

I used to be into rap music… Not so much anymore, too many negative messages… But surfing around on YouTube I stumbled across this Catholic rapper proclaiming “faith without works is dead” among other things. Interesting.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=catholic%20rap%20you%20tube&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CFgQtwIwBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4GVYYC3p4Xc&ei=DJLXT8q1KOqg2QXr_tC_Bw&usg=AFQjCNF7H85prudUPrRHON7avaW5QoLIfA

dude i found soo much Catholic rap/Christian rap on youtube, check out my playlist called Other music

youtube.com/watch?v=nH97Qx1EYIA&list=PL85571962D10CFC35&index=44&feature=plpp_video

^ i <3 that song

and heres my playlist youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85571962D10CFC35&feature=mh_lolz

Lecrea is not a “Catholic” Rapper, he is a “Christian” Rapper instead.
Who knows, maybe someday Catholics will get with the program and learn to become Christians…:rolleyes:

:thumbsup: cool playlist. Lecrae an flame make good music. I have been waiting for some Catholic artists like them. Guess I haven’t been looking hard enough! These aren’t afraid to talk about Catholic Truth in their lyrics

o well lecrae and flame aint Catholic, there protesant but neverthless there still good :smiley:

Cool, I do not think I have ever heard of him before.

Another Catholic rapper is Akalyte:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5qVmrJkSy4

youtube.com/watch?v=ysaJEuH_NrU

Catholic hip-hop artists

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_Church_musicians#Catholic_hip-hop_artists

I’m really into the Pontifex album “Ordained” these days.

You can listen to Catholic Hip-Hop on this website as well.

phatmass.com/music/catholic-rap-hip-hop/

I recently released a hip-hop/rap album associated with Phatmass that you can listen to in its entirety here:
Paradox & DJ Sean P - “Mending”
If you’re skeptical, maybe you would feel better knowing that I also teach Theology at a Catholic High School and have Masters degrees in Secondary Education and Theology.

My brother and I are Catholic rappers. Our names are Elijah and Elisha. Our album came out on July, 4 2012 and it’s called “Spirit vs. Flesh”. You can listen to the whole thing here: www.elijahandelisha.bandcamp.com

It’s also on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify and Jango.

www.elijahandelisha
www.facebook.com/elijahandelisha
@ElijahElishaRap

Blessings! :slight_smile:

I checked the website out. Great music, keep up the good work!

The name “phatmass” makes me lol. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Thank you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.