Catholic Retreats

I've been trying to google for Catholic Retreats where I can go spend a period of time in solitude, practice prayers or penance. I would like to spend this time in Italy, however the search results didn't come out well.

Does anyone know anything about these retreats in Italy and how I may apply?

Thanks and God Bless :)

[quote="Teresa1982, post:1, topic:330406"]
I've been trying to google for Catholic Retreats where I can go spend a period of time in solitude, practice prayers or penance. I would like to spend this time in Italy, however the search results didn't come out well.

Does anyone know anything about these retreats in Italy and how I may apply?

Thanks and God Bless :)

[/quote]

I would think most of the relevant search results would be in Italian, so I'm not surprised search results were not more helpful.

You might try contacting a religious order in your area and asking them. That's where I would start.

The Benedictines at Nursia may let you stay and they are also english speaking which may help.

I am positive there are plenty of places. Ask your Confessor to write you a letter of recommendation, it should help.

I know Bosé accept volunteers. It is Catholic with an ecumenical profile.

monasterodibose.it/index.php?lang=en

You could also write different communities and simply ask them. I am sure the sisters of St. Bridget speaks English for example and they have several houses in Italy. brigidine.org/en-EN/Default.aspx

If you have a specific place in mind in Italy, the diocese website may have information, and I think either Chrome or Firefox (not sure which, or both) offers to translate web pages for you.

As well, some monasteries or convents hold retreats. Our diocese has one, I believe, nearby as well.

Perhaps if you contact your diocese/archdiocese they would have some info, or the Cardinal’s office.

I found some:
St. Anthony’s Guest House in Assisi, Italy.
assisiretreats.org/

I googled **Catholic Retreats Italy English **

It is unusual for someone to travel that far out for a retreat, since the retreat is usually meant to be focused inwardly, not outwardly.

What you may want to do is focus on a pilgrimage to a certain place (and there are plenty of these in Italy).

Otherwise: most monasteries I know in Italy don't offer this type of thing. There are, however, several Trappist monasteries in Nice, France that offer retreats.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.