Catholic Santorum winning the South ... our next Prez ?

Would be nice … reversal of HHS mandate and Obamacare !!! :smiley:

It would also put off the Second Coming of Christ. We would also have a president that not would not only “self-identify” as a Christian, but also perhaps quit fawning all over the Muslims, while persecuting Christianity.

I feel I have to be awake. Obama doesn’t have to win the election. Although Hitler was elected initially, once he was in, he somehow managed to stay in, without the need for reelection.

Are you suggesting that Obama’s Presidency would bring about the end of the world? :ehh:

He told someone recently if they wanted limited government to vote for Ron Paul. He’s a nice guy, Christian, which I believe he confused with conservatism to a certain extent. But he’s not presidential.

of the United States? If I were a betting man and Mitt Romney, which I’m not, I’d offer to bet Rick Perry $10,000 that probably not.

We need to get this nomination over with and focus on beating Obama, wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

Ishii, from your standpoint I wholeheartedly agree. When is the GOP convention? Sometime in Aug? I’m starting to wonder after tonight with Santorum winning even with Newt still in the race, if there will be a nominee before then. That’s like what? If it’s late Aug, just a couple of mos before the general? I need to google to find out.

Whew doesnt begin til Aug 27? That would only give the nominee just about 2 mos to focus on Obama.

I think the longer it drags on the weaker the GOP nominee will be in the general. The last time we had a battle at the convention in 1976 between Reagan and Ford we ended up losing (of course this time is a little different, but its likely that Ford had less than enthusiastic support from the right wing of the GOP which at that time was really growing. A vigorously contested primary campaign is good in the sense that it vets the candidates and gets them “battle ready”. I would think that whoever the nominee is will benefit from all of the debate experience, for example.

Ishii

I think overall it weakens the GOP candidate too Ishii. I just saw the convention doesn’t even begin until Aug 27. Newt said tonight he’s going to the convention to fight for the nomination and I know Santorum is staying in of course. So you might not have a nominee until lets say Sept and the general is in early Nov.

I pray that this candidate, who is an aggressive war-mongering big government lobby, never steps foot in the oval office, even for a visit.

:gopray:

:yawn:

I’m with you, but between Santorum and Obama, I would vote for Santorum…lesser of two evils to me.

Santorum might make terrible mistakes, but they wouldn’t be out of malice so he isn’t an evil (whether he is competant is a whole other matter).

I certainly don’t think he is “evil” (well, he is, in that we are all evil, as sinners). Just an expression.

Sooner than later!

This has become a cross between the Republican Jerry Springer Show and a three ring circus. Actually, those are pretty much the same thing. I was holding out hope for Newt, but at this point we all need to move behind one and focus on the larger battle looming ahead.

Unless something happens to really tack everybody off against the status quo – get ready for an encore of the Obamian Rhapsody :frowning:

Link?

reuters.com/article/2012/03/14/us-usa-campaign-idUSTRE8230GE20120314

According to CNN estimates, Romney (480) still has twice as many delegates as Santorum (234). However, 1134 delegates are needed to win the nomination.

Although the recent wins will give Santorum bragging rights and a claim to momentum, the two states really didn’t help with his delegate count by much. Mississippi only gave him one more delegate than Romney. Alabama was more helpful, but still it was a net gain of only 9 delegates.
cnn.com/election/2012/primaries.html?hpt=hp_t1

The real weight will be in the upcoming primaries in which the winner is awarded all of the delegates of the state. That could change delegate totals very quickly.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.