Catholic Study Bible

Hi, has anyone had any experience with the Catholic Study Bible - nab 2ed?

[quote="Matt_Guitar_Man, post:1, topic:333802"]

[/quote]

It's on the USCCB 'approved' list, but I've never had one.

For NT study, I much prefer the RSV-CE Ignatius NT study Bible - amazon.com/Ignatius-Catholic-Study-Bible-Testament/dp/1586172506/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=N97NI7Y539NB&coliid=I39NQ6ZCDL8OT6.

Clinton

Navarre NT expanded edition.

[/quote]

It a good choice.

When it comes to the notes the NAB sucks. Not a good Bible for study purposes.

[quote="thistle, post:5, topic:333802"]
When it comes to the notes the NAB sucks. Not a good Bible for study purposes.

[/quote]

Thistle, are you able to elaborate on that?

[/quote]

I had it for my RCIA class, but my RCIA director took pity on me and swapped it for a RSV-CE 2nd ed Bible.

So I can't say much on it. I'd like there to be a Douay-Rheims study Bible (including Haydock Commentary) :)

I have an NAB and this Bible and its notes have been the subject of many threads in these forums. It would easier if you did a search. However, I cannot recollect any member having anything good to say about the NAB notes. Comments on the notes range from controversial to almost heresy.
Its not the Bible translation people have so much a problem with although there have also been translation issues which many object to. The main concern is the notes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.