Catholic Teen Girl Magazine-suggestions and article ideas

Hey :)
I wanted to create and publish a magazine for teen girls after I heard about a 13 year old girl who created a magazine for Jewish girls called Yaldah. The magazine was successful and is still on the newstands today. I got tired of Seventeen and other secular teen magazines. I want to create a magazine with Catholic values with articles about beauty, fashion, health, life, love life, etc. And of course articles about the Catholic faith. I have done research and am still researching about the whole magazine process. I have also brainstormed many article ideas and issues. But I want to hear from you guys. So tell me what you think, your suggestions, and article ideas. :)

Perhaps check out the following discussion thread and reach out to the blog’s author for ideas/suggestions:

Website for Catholic girls and young women

[quote="catholicgirlmag, post:1, topic:225273"]
Hey :)
I wanted to create and publish a magazine for teen girls after I heard about a 13 year old girl who created a magazine for Jewish girls called Yaldah. The magazine was successful and is still on the newstands today. I got tired of Seventeen and other secular teen magazines. I want to create a magazine with Catholic values with articles about beauty, fashion, health, life, love life, etc. And of course articles about the Catholic faith. I have done research and am still researching about the whole magazine process. I have also brainstormed many article ideas and issues. But I want to hear from you guys. So tell me what you think, your suggestions, and article ideas. :)

[/quote]

:clapping::clapping:

But I don't have any ideas yet.

Thank you for the support! I will check out the discussion thread and website. :)

Awesome idea!!! I will pray for you that this will be successful!

Have you ever heard of the organization Pure Fashion? It is a program for teen girls that stresses inner beauty, modesty, and true femininity. The program is 8 months long and culminates with a fashion show modeling modest clothes. I was in the program in high school and I loved it! You should go to their website,affiliate.purefashion.com/about,
for ideas, and do an article about Pure Fashion in your magazine.
It would also be cool to include what Sacred Scripture says about femininity and what it really means to be a daughter of God.
Also, a section about heroic women saints would be really inspirational. To show that the saints were once normal teenagers can really put things in perspective.
In the health section, you could give girls tips on how to become "the best version of themselves," an idea from Catholic writer and speaker Matthew Kelly. His website, matthewkelly.org, has some great information on health and relationships you could use! The idea here is that our spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health are all connected and all extremely important in the eyes of God.
There are so many possibilities for this magazine! :thumbsup: I hope and pray that it works out! God bless!

I work with a lot of teenaged girls. Here are ideas:

1. Makeup how-tos. In spite of the efforts of some Christians to forbid makeup, most women, including young women (teens) enjoy wearing makeup. When I was at Mass Sunday, I sat near an elderly woman who was very disabled and in obvious pain throughout the Mass. But she was wearing MAKEUP! (Just a little lipstick and powder).

2. Fitness and weigh management.

3. Sports, especially emerging sports for young women. I suggest covering the sport of synchronized skating, which at the moment includes around 5000 competitors in the U.S. Please feel free to contact me about contacts and storylines for this sport.

4. Animals.

5. The environment and going “green.”

6. College and other options after graduating.

7. Infatuation vs. Real Love.

8. Romance stories for teens (fiction).

9. I would love to see stories about different lifestyles of teenaged girls–e…g, a city teen and. a farm teen, or North Dakota teen and a California teen. I think that would be an interesting regular feature.

10. Teen celebrities, specifically those who profess Catholicism and live it out. (Jim Caviezel?!)

etc. There are so many ideas! These are just a few. Good luck.

Suggestion: Do the magazine online rather than doing a print version. There are lots of online magazines, and I think teen girls would respond well to an online magazine. Much cheaper to produce.

[quote="jlg3528, post:5, topic:225273"]
Awesome idea!!! I will pray for you that this will be successful!

Have you ever heard of the organization Pure Fashion? It is a program for teen girls that stresses inner beauty, modesty, and true femininity. The program is 8 months long and culminates with a fashion show modeling modest clothes. I was in the program in high school and I loved it! You should go to their website,affiliate.purefashion.com/about,
for ideas, and do an article about Pure Fashion in your magazine.
It would also be cool to include what Sacred Scripture says about femininity and what it really means to be a daughter of God.
Also, a section about heroic women saints would be really inspirational. To show that the saints were once normal teenagers can really put things in perspective.
In the health section, you could give girls tips on how to become "the best version of themselves," an idea from Catholic writer and speaker Matthew Kelly. His website, matthewkelly.org, has some great information on health and relationships you could use! The idea here is that our spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health are all connected and all extremely important in the eyes of God.
There are so many possibilities for this magazine! :thumbsup: I hope and pray that it works out! God bless!

[/quote]

Thank you for your great ideas and prayers! I think I have heard about Pure Fashion and will definitely look into in along with the other ideas. :)

[quote="catholicgirlmag, post:7, topic:225273"]
Thank you for your great ideas and prayers! I think I have heard about Pure Fashion and will definitely look into it along with the other ideas. :)

[/quote]

[quote="Cat, post:6, topic:225273"]
I work with a lot of teenaged girls. Here are ideas:

1. Makeup how-tos. In spite of the efforts of some Christians to forbid makeup, most women, including young women (teens) enjoy wearing makeup. When I was at Mass Sunday, I sat near an elderly woman who was very disabled and in obvious pain throughout the Mass. But she was wearing MAKEUP! (Just a little lipstick and powder).

2. Fitness and weigh management.

3. Sports, especially emerging sports for young women. I suggest covering the sport of synchronized skating, which at the moment includes around 5000 competitors in the U.S. Please feel free to contact me about contacts and storylines for this sport.

4. Animals.

5. The environment and going "green."

6. College and other options after graduating.

7. Infatuation vs. Real Love.

8. Romance stories for teens (fiction).

9. I would love to see stories about different lifestyles of teenaged girls--e..g, a city teen and. a farm teen, or North Dakota teen and a California teen. I think that would be an interesting regular feature.

10. Teen celebrities, specifically those who profess Catholicism and live it out. (Jim Caviezel?!)

etc. There are so many ideas! These are just a few. Good luck.

Suggestion: Do the magazine online rather than doing a print version. There are lots of online magazines, and I think teen girls would respond well to an online magazine. Much cheaper to produce.

[/quote]

Thank you for the great ideas! :) I will definitely contact you when I do the article.

plz email me my computer doesnt load this website to well but i would like to help you with this catholic magazine pla email me at NoraUrie@yahoo

Agree on makeup-- 'How to use makeup without looking like you work at the Circus, Rodeo or Vegas"

Environment, going green, social justice, and the law of unintended consequences.
youtube.com/watch?v=j3DhquH12jQ would kind of give you an idea of what I mean.

Other religions, unvarnished look at other faiths, what they really teach and practise. Other christian denominations- where they differ from the Catholic Church and why.

Apologetics series- different item of doctrine each issue, the Catholic position teaching and response to criticism/disagreement of it .

Volunteering- each issue look at a girl doing work in her local neighborhood (doesn't have to be huge project- simple stuff. Reading to kids at the library, helping at assisted living, homeless shelter etc.)

thank you for the good ideas!

Hey :slight_smile:
After a lot of thinking, I decided a magazine was too much for me at this time. I really think later on I will be better equipped to create a magazine that Catholic girls deserve and that fulfills my ideas. I decided to create a blog for the time being and use some of the ideas in that. It is called Chic Catholic. You can check it out if you like at [. And if you have any suggestions please tell me. But let me just tell you this blog does not measure up to the magazine and I really wish I could do a magazine. Thank you for all your help! I appreciated it immensely.

Thank you again,
Sarah[=“http://chiccatholic.blogspot.com/"]](="http://chiccatholic.blogspot.com/”])](http://)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.