Catholic tradition, not of early bible teaching or apostles?

This guy still refers to our traditions as man made, and not of the original apostles, I’m so deap in the river I am almost sunk…

The Bible denies that it is sufficient as the complete rule of faith. Paul says that much Christian teaching is to be found in the tradition which is handed down by word of mouth (2 Tim. 2:2). He instructs us to “stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thess. 2:15).

2 Tim. 2: 2 The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

Who was the speaker?

PAUL.

HE spoke NOTHING different than what he wrote.

And how to you check the teachings of the “faithful men”

2 Tim 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

It comes back to study, and the Bible.

He instructs us to “stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thess. 2:15).

Who is US??

2 Thess 1:1

1 Paul and Silvanus and Timothy,

So if Paul and Silvanus and Timothy are personally speaking traditions to me I will listen to them, If not then I will got by the writtings.

So It comes back to study, and the Bible.

How does he know that the Bible he’s appealing to is Word of God?

Some Sacred Traditions
Monogamy
Public revelation ended at death of last apostle
Canon of Scripture
Sanctity of human life
The Trinity
Divine worship service

Need to see the overarching traditions of God

st julie

First of all, when Paul speaks of Scripture, he is always referring to the OT. The NT wasn’t either fully written then, nor was it canonized.

The second point is the good one… >>Who was the speaker?

PAUL.

HE spoke NOTHING different than what he wrote.<<

I love it when someone says this. It is totally unprovable, based only on personal opinion. Also, all men say more than they write. To infer that Paul spoke nothing more than he wrote is sheer idiocy.

Thal59

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.