Catholic wedding - nonCatholic participants

We recently attended a Catholic wedding where the majority of people present were not Catholics - sad. Here’s the good news. All the nonCatholic participants were being educated during the mass by the priest. The priest explained different parts of the mass as he celebrated it. I think it was helpful to even the Catholics present many of which do not regularly attend mass.

Heh, we had a Catholic wedding and out of all the people there only my wife and three others were Catholic. Two of them being father and the pianist.

[quote=Trelow]Heh, we had a Catholic wedding and out of all the people there only my wife and three others were Catholic. Two of them being father and the pianist.
[/quote]

And I notice that you are now a “proud Catholic”. When and how did that happen?

I’m a convert who is about to marry a Catholic man. Am I not supposed to invite all my Southern Baptist, Methodist, Quaker, and salad-bar Christian family members? I’d rather them all be there together seeing a Mass in God’s true church, even if they outnumber my fiance’s Catholic family. I’m so tired of them going to 500 different churches, being so separated, that I’m overjoyed that most of them will be attending a traditional Catholic wedding ceremony. Is something really wrong with this, or what am I missing?

someone close to me got married in the Roman Church. His spouse isn’t Catholic. I was the best man. The best lady… whatever she’s called, was bible church. There was a smattering of denominations and other jude-christians in the bridal party.
So what? The two that are getting married are all that matters.
You can’t deny best friends the position of being a bridesmaid because she is Jewish or Baptist. God will hear their prayers as well. Bringing ethno-centrism into something as beautiful as marriage would stain the celebration.

I never said this was a bad thing. Sorry if I made it seem that way. What I thought was great was the priest who made the faith and the mass come alive to all present.

[quote=AServantofGod]And I notice that you are now a “proud Catholic”. When and how did that happen?
[/quote]

Short version:

I was a Methodist. Very fundamentalist in my beliefs. And vicious against the Church. I got her to leave the Church, and was all hunky-dory for about 4 years, until she got to missing it. When she decided to return I was shocked, and quite scared for her salvation, after all, isn’t Catholicism really pagan? And in doing my research to make my final assault, I discovered that I didn’t know near as much as I thought I did. One thing lead to another, and I didn’t really have a choice in the matter anymore.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.