Catholicconcerns.net

Anybody ever run across this site? It is supposedly run by a former nun who left the Church for various reasons.

One of the accusations I’ve never seen before and know nothing about is here: anothersideofcatholicism.com/Chapter-05.shtml

The rest comes up here: catholicconcerns.com/

Dear Lazerlike42,

I glanced thru the first link that you provided.
I’m no scholar of Church history…in fact, I’ve
embraced Judaism as a Noahide [a Gentile
who accepts Judaism, but does not convert.]

Having said that, to be a Roman Catholic means
to accept the succession from St. Peter.
Ubi Petrus, ibi ecclesia, “where Peter is, there
is the Church.”

Opponents of this belief can try to cloud that issue
any way they want, but Benedict XVI is the direct
successor to Peter.

I’m in hopes that those more conversant with
Church history than I, can address the specific
issue that you’ve raised, but the "bottom line"
is that Benedict is the direct successor to
Peter, in the Church founded by Jesus Christ.

I believe Benedict is the successor to Peter.

Best wishes,
reen12

I had a look, the first two lines were enough for me then I saw Hans Kung’s name mentioned. This shows its just another heretic ex-nun with an axe to grind.
I advise you delete it from your bookmarks, its a waste of cyberspace.
God Bless
Br CreosMary

Originally Posted by Reen12: I believe Benedict is the successor to Peter.

Pardon me friend, but if you believe that HH Benedict XVI is the successor of Peter in the True Church, why are you a noahide?

[quote=CreosMary]I had a look, the first two lines were enough for me then I saw Hans Kung’s name mentioned. This shows its just another heretic ex-nun with an axe to grind.
I advise you delete it from your bookmarks, its a waste of cyberspace.
God Bless
Br CreosMary
[/quote]

Oh I know it’s essentially a waste. I was a fan of the site back in my anti-Catholic days, but now when I read it the cast majority of the information really shows to be very weak as far as anti-Catholicism is concerned. I’ve seen much better lol… I was actually looking for another old website and I came across that bookmark so I figured I’d inquire about it here out of novelty (and because I was curious about the forged documents jazz which I’d never heard before).

That said, I’m just curious as to who is Hans Kung and how does that name alone indicate to you what it is?

Catholicconcerns.com is ran by a former nun by the name of Mary Ann Collins, who converted to Fundamentalist Protestantism and has made it her life’s crusade to bring as many Catholics out of the Church as possible. She is for the most part in the same school of thought as James White or Dave Hunt, and an avowed Sola Scripturist.

[quote=Catholic29]Catholicconcerns.com is ran by a former nun by the name of Mary Ann Collins, who converted to Fundamentalist Protestantism and has made it her life’s crusade to bring as many Catholics out of the Church as possible. She is for the most part in the same school of thought as James White or Dave Hunt, and an avowed Sola Scripturist.
[/quote]

Any idea what specifically triggered this conversion?

Mary Ann Collins is not actually an ex-nun. She never took her vows. She was rejected by the convent.

Another important thing to know is that she was not raised a Catholic. In fact, in her bio she says she was raised to believe that Christians are gullible people. She apparently turned her attention to the Church when, as a young adult, she fell in love with a devout Catholic.

Her bio is here: catholicconcerns.com/Download/Bio.doc

Here is a thread on CatholicConcerns from June:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=59595&highlight=Mary+Collins

[quote=Lazerlike42]Oh I know it’s essentially a waste. I was a fan of the site back in my anti-Catholic days, but now when I read it the cast majority of the information really shows to be very weak as far as anti-Catholicism is concerned. I’ve seen much better lol… I was actually looking for another old website and I came across that bookmark so I figured I’d inquire about it here out of novelty (and because I was curious about the forged documents jazz which I’d never heard before).

That said, I’m just curious as to who is Hans Kung and how does that name alone indicate to you what it is?
[/quote]

Hans Kung is a heretical Catholic theologian who basically rejects all Catholic teaching. He was told that he could not teach at a Catholic university by Cardinal Ratzinger(now Benedict XVI) several years ago.

[quote=Lazerlike42]Any idea what specifically triggered this conversion?
[/quote]

Here is her Biography which chronicles it catholicconcerns.com/Bio.html .

It would seem that after she left the convent all her priests were unfaithful, and after that she fell into the trap of private interpretation of Scripture. At least that is what I have been able to gleen.

I forgot to mention that I invited Mary Ann Collins by e-mail to join us at the CA forums back in June. Several weeks later I got an e-mail from her stating that she doesn’t have time to “chat”. No kidding she’s too busy! I was hoping we could occupy her time. :stuck_out_tongue: No such luck.

Hi twiztedseraph,

quote: twiztedseraph

Pardon me friend, but if you believe that HH Benedict XVI is the successor of Peter in the True Church, why are you a noahide?

1-Christ said to Peter: Thou art Peter, and upon this
rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell
shall not prevail against it.
2- I said;

"…Benedict is the direct successor to
Peter, in the Church founded by Jesus Christ.

It is the true Church founded by Jesus Christ.

3-I have come to the conclusion, after 58 years, that
Orthodox Judaism is correct…God is One, not
3 Persons in One God

I will, however, spend the rest of my days defending
Catholicism from any attempt, on the part of any individual,
to distort what the Church actually teaches.

To me, it’s a point of intellectual integrity, coupled with
the fact that Roman Catholics have been, and will always be,
my family.

Best regards,
reen12

See this article about the decretals.

Reen12,

I appreciate your intellectual honesty and commitment to defending the Catholic Church against misrepresentation.

I had my questions concerning Judaism several years ago, but decided to remain Christian (and later reunite with the Catholic Church). That being said, I am familiar with the attraction of Judaism (especialy doctrinally). You will be in my prayers always, and I wish you well in your spiritual journey. My hope (of course) is that you will re-embrace Christ, but I encourage you to keep studying, and be true to God.

Always,
Hugo

Catholic World Report this month has a fascinating article about Hans Kung, the dissident theologian, formerly Catholic but condemned by the Vatican for teaching, among other things, syncretism (all religions are equally valid). I had no idea his career and our current Pope’s coincided so strongly in their earlier years, and then Fr. Ratzinger was a student of Kung.

The page quoted in the first post concerns forged documents and papal authority. The Donation of Constantine was certainly a forgery; it was found to be so by Catholic scholars. Gratian probably used a lot of forged documents, but he may have had no way of determining their authenticity. Besides, we have no way of looking up references in documents that no longer exist.

Collins et al seem to think that Gratian and St. Thomas had a laptop running Fenestrae 1139 and Googlum to look up “genuine church documents.” The history of documents in the middle ages is much more complicated than that. Errors were commonly repeated from writer to writer in an era that treasured, not condemned, copying from prestigious authors.

In any event, it is obvious that papal authority does not depend upon these documents; it is the clear Tradition of the Church, based upon the Scriptures and the practices of the early Christians. There was no reason to forge the Donation if the papacy had already not assumed a position of authority in Europe. Gratian and others wrote in support of a living Tradition, and did not invent the papacy.

I apologize for the pedantry, since Collins really does not care about forged documents. She does not like the Church, and uses whatever she can excavate from the dark and sordid recesses of history to launch feeble attacks on it.

[quote=reen12]Hi twiztedseraph,

quote: twiztedseraph

1-Christ said to Peter: Thou art Peter, and upon this
rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell
shall not prevail against it.
2- I said;

It is the true Church founded by Jesus Christ.

3-I have come to the conclusion, after 58 years, that
Orthodox Judaism is correct…God is One, not
3 Persons in One God

I will, however, spend the rest of my days defending
Catholicism from any attempt, on the part of any individual,
to distort what the Church actually teaches.

To me, it’s a point of intellectual integrity, coupled with
the fact that Roman Catholics have been, and will always be,
my family.

Best regards,
reen12
[/quote]

Removed ad hominem attack. I believe that there are three persona or aspects of God. It’s like the three leave clover; one stem, three leaves. The trinity is reflected in nature reen 12, not just a doctrine.

Be nice and charitable bones. Speak Christ’s truth with love.

[quote=MMG]Be nice and charitable bones. Speak Christ’s truth with love.
[/quote]

Edited rationalization of ad hominem attack on fellow member Judging is one thing, reproofing is another.

Dear bones_IV,

quote: bones_IV
[font=Arial Black]

[font=Arial Black][font=Arial Black]Removed ad hominem in quote. [/font]

[/font][/font]

Gee, and here I was, thinking that God loved me.[size=2]

reen12
[/size]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.