Catholicism: An in depth look into why it's the true church

As I look out into the world today i see many different religions claiming to be true. In Christianity itself there are hundreds of thousands of churches who claim the same thing. In the midst of this confusion and downright ridiculousness of others, one can become lost or even timid towards religion and towards God. That is why I would like to start a thread that focuses simply on facts found in the Bible as a guiding point for what one should believe. I firmly believe that the bible can tell us exactly what church we need to belong to in order to be saved.

So, In any faith that you claim, please provide scriptural evidence to back a certain belief that you have. I have done this with the entire bible as first just jotting down facts that the bible provides that the true church of Christ needs.

As a reminder, one should remember first, where the bible even came from. (contrary to popular belief, it did not fall from a tree and be perfectly bound with books and chapters and verses).

I will give an example. John 6: 51-56
"51

I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?”

Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him."

Fact: Christ has said that whomever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life.
Fact: Transubstantiation- Bread and Wine change into the flesh and blood of Christ.
Fact: Transubstantiation is required for eternal life.

John 16:12

"I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

John 16:13

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

So what things came to Protestants?

Just by your snarky post here, I can surely see that you have no clue whatsoever as to how the Holy Spirit speaks to Christians other than yourself.

I realized that after I checked back to this post that I sounded rude. I ment no rudeness and I sincerely apologize. I ment, in my ignorant post, to propose that the Holy Spirit has worked through the Catholic church to reveal many important facts that councils have recognized and taught and in regaurds to that, what has been revealed to the Protestants.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.