Catholicism TV Show on EWTN

Can anyone tell me what the hymn is for the closing credits?

wick

I think this is it:
wordonfire.org/WOF-Radio/Audio-Sound-Track/Agnes-Dei-Tropes-on-the-Resurrection.aspx

It sounds like a riff on "Agnus dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.."

youtube.com/watch?v=N8d4Lq97eAc

That was a very small snippet of it, but it is Agnus Dei. It is beautiful!

There is actually a CD of all the music from "Catholicism" available -- it's on Amazon.

A lot of the music in the series is original composition. There are some classics interspersed. The final credits is a combination of the traditional chant Agnus Dei with original music and lyrics added...sort of like what Durefle did with his version of it, that's what it reminds me of.

Thanks for answering my question guys,

wick

How is everyone enjoying it so far? I am thinking of getting it and hoping if any of my family express any interest in Catholism we could watch some together. Do you think it would be good for those with no knowledge of Christianity?

I haven't seen the whole series, but I' e seen about 40% of it.

It's very good! And Fr. Barron is Fr. Barron - erudite, to the point and easy to listen to.

[quote="Tarpeian_Rock, post:5, topic:287990"]
There is actually a CD of all the music from "Catholicism" available -- it's on Amazon.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that this was available:thumbsup:

[quote="asd72, post:8, topic:287990"]
How is everyone enjoying it so far? I am thinking of getting it and hoping if any of my family express any interest in Catholism we could watch some together. Do you think it would be good for those with no knowledge of Christianity?

[/quote]

I think it is excellent and am still inviting people over my home to see it. I also showed it, one hour a week, to a discussion group at church that I belong to.

Father Barron is a gifted teacher, and the technology and photography of the different countries around the world, the architecture and art and music is beautiful.

I do believe that it would be a great introduction to people who had not much, or no knowledge of Christianity.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.