Catholics and creation

Hi all, sadly I am very disappointed to see so many threads on big bang and evolution, so many Catholics who seem to accept them both. Much of my family is catholic none that I know of accept evolution and millions of years, my grandfather was a biology professor at a catholic collage and was fully a creationist and taught creation. Here is a creation and catholic site that teaches and defends the traditional catholic understanding of creation.

kolbecenter.org/

about my self

To me I was a atheist because of evolution and rejected the bible and creation thinking evolution was true. I was raised catholic but left when I was not given answers. It was not until my early 20’s when I was challenged by my father a former agnostic convert to protestant than messianic Jew] to investigate creation and evolution and big bang/millions of years. He gave me debates/books/dvd on the subject and I spent the better part of 10 years studying creation vs evolution. Hours of seminars,debates,science journals,magazines,articles,dvd’s,books from both sides and seeing the responses in debates and videos to the supposed truths of evolution, the evidence against evolution and for creation, finding out there are thousands of scientist who reject evolution and accept biblical creation and seeing the truth of creation I became a christian and asked Jesus to forgive my sin, I repented and asked Jesus to come into my heart and be my lord and savior. My heart felt like it was on fire and melted but in a good way] my life changed forever.

creation sources reason for thread.

So I wanted to make thread to give some resources and also answer questions as well. I do not have much time to do so but will when I can. This is for any christian who wishes to know more and learn about defending the traditional catholic teaching on creation.

resources

Admitted these are from protestant sources but are creation bible based. But you can find debates,books,dvd’s on all subjects like the age of the earth, supposed proofs of evolution, evidence for noahs flood etc etc. These sites are all run and done by P.H.D scientist and are for laymen to technical scientist all peer reviewed.

Creation ministries international
creation.com/

quick article answers to common questions
creation.com/qa
store
usstore.creation.com/catalog/
Creation magazine
creation.com/creation-magazine
technical journal
creation.com/journal-of-creation

institute for creation research
icr.org/
store
store.icr.org/
acts and facts magazine
icr.org/aaf/

answers in Genesis
answersingenesis.org/

store
answersingenesis.org/store/
quick answers articles
answersingenesis.org/answers/
answers magazine
answersingenesis.org/answers/magazine/
free online technical journal answers research journal
answersingenesis.org/answers/research-journal/

Free online seminar creation science evangelism
lies in textbooks and age of earth very good also free debates
creationtoday.org/category/creation-seminars/

creation research society
Technical
creationresearch.org/
store
crsbooks.org/index.php/media/dvds.html
journal
creationresearch.org/index.php/extensions/crs-quarterly

You need to read the stickies, there is currently a temporary ban on the discussion of evolution.

I was not aware that AiG and ICR were Catholic sites. They look a lot more Protestant to me.

rossum

Thank you I will do so immediately, I must have missed it. With so many threads on it I just assumed.

I don’t think he said they were Catholic sites. He said the Kolbe Center one is a Catholic site, but I’m very confident that the other ones aren’t.

BTW the traditional Catholic doctrine on creation allows for gradual development of species. See the following link:

Augustine on Evolution (.PDF)
cainaweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/AugustineonEvolution.pdf

This really isn’t a new thing…

Here is a salient part of The Catechism of the Catholic church regarding science explaining Gods work.

283 The question about the origins of the world and of man has been the object of many scientific studies which have splendidly enriched our knowledge of the age and dimensions of the cosmos, the development of life-forms and the appearance of man. These discoveries invite us to even greater admiration for the greatness of the Creator, prompting us to give him thanks for all his works and for the understanding and wisdom he gives to scholars and researchers. With Solomon they can say: "It is he who gave me unerring knowledge of what exists, to know the structure of the world and the activity of the elements. . . for wisdom, the fashioner of all things, taught me."121

Why would that be disappointing? Is there something about “Big Bang” or “evolution” that precludes Creation? If we believe what Scripture says about “a day to God” (2Pet 3:8), then why would you be disappointed when some Christian believe that a day to God is as a thousand years, or vice versa?

ETA: By the way, there is a difference between micro and macro evolution. The Creationist theory is perfectly in synch with the possibility for micro-evolution. (Think of the blind cave fish, for example). I think what most folks take issue with is macro-evolution (that a species can evolve into an entirely different species). I doubt there are many Catholics that take that view, but even if there are, I still don’t see how that would preclude a Divine Creator and be cause for disappointment.

Sticky: Temporary Ban on Evolution/Atheism Threads

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.