Consider these facts:
• Catholics make up 26% of the electorate.
• A higher proportion of Catholics than Protestants turn out to vote.
• Catholics are more likely_ to vote for “liberal” candidates: In 1992, 44% voted for Bill Clinton, while only 34% of Protestants did so. In 1996, 53% of Catholics voted for Clinton, while only 35% of Protestants did so. In 2000, over 50% of Catholics voted for Al Gore.
• Two-thirds of American Catholics-66%-support keeping abortion legal. :eek:
• More than half of them-56%-support euthanasia or assisted suicide.
• 34% support fetal stem cell research.
• 47% support homosexual “marriage.”
• Tellingly, 55% of American Catholics do not attend Mass regularly.
• And the Catholic population is concentrated in states (such as California, New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts) that have a high number of electoral college votes.
*Check out how many Catholics vote…but look at what they are voting to support! Catholics can really make or break any election. Just think of what would happen if all Catholics voted as they should…