Catholics Books on the Canon

Hi all, I was wondering if you guys could recommend me any books from a Catholic perspective regarding the canon of Scripture. In particular one which has a discussion about the deuterocanonical books and their status as part of the canon. Other related books are welcome as well. Merry Christmas and happy New Years!

[quote="awatkins69, post:1, topic:310039"]
Hi all, I was wondering if you guys could recommend me any books from a Catholic perspective regarding the canon of Scripture. In particular one which has a discussion about the deuterocanonical books and their status as part of the canon. Other related books are welcome as well. Merry Christmas and happy New Years!

[/quote]

Why Catholic Bibles Are Bigger by Gary Michuta :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Where We Got the Bible by Henry Graham :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still the best apologetic book of the 21st century, in my humble opinion!

Not a book, but I like these two blog posts on why each book in the Deuterocanon is divinely inspired and belongs in the Bible, including cross-references with other works that are accepted by all as divinely inspired:

catholicdefense.blogspot.com/2012/06/defending-deuterocanon-book-by-book.html

catholicdefense.blogspot.com/2012/06/defending-deuterocanon-book-by-book_28.html

[quote="Arizona_Mike, post:4, topic:310039"]
Not a book, but I like these two blog posts on why each book in the Deuterocanon is divinely inspired and belongs in the Bible, including cross-references with other works that are accepted by all as divinely inspired:

catholicdefense.blogspot.com/2012/06/defending-deuterocanon-book-by-book.html

catholicdefense.blogspot.com/2012/06/defending-deuterocanon-book-by-book_28.html

[/quote]

Not Catholic but I like Bruce Metzger's "The Canon of the New Testament". Plain common sense backed up by an excellent scholar. Obviously doesn't discuss the deutrocanonical books tho'.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.