Catholics/Christains are so prjudice

I don’t know why Catholics/christians are so prjudice. I’ve been a member of this thread for months and read countless threads, responses take my breath away and my blood boil.Homosexuals tend to be evil in one way or another regardless of individual beleifs and behavior. Muslims are these evil beasts and targets of extreme hate!. One political party or another blah blah. Why can’t we just love and except one another. We don’t have to approve or anything, no changing beliefs or principles. Just except not everyone is of our faith, not all beleive as we do. I hear way too often about Muslims trying to force us to live their way and desire to dominate us. Well when one hears Christians saying how the government isn’t upholding our beleifs above all others and that we should do this and have this and others who are different shouldn’t do blah blah, aren’t we doing just the thing we accuse them of doing. People always talking about Christian beleifes in government and fighting off Muslims and all that, isn’t that just what we hear about Muslims trying to do and complain and whine. Christian gets killed in a Muslim country we all wail in anguish and anger. Muslims are attacked and killed in America and Christian countries as well. Even people who aren’t Muslim but are arabic and wear clothing of something Eastern or something are targets. I trust the Catholic Church completely, but her followers and those who branched off from her seem to be far from trustworthy, just a giant 2 billion army of hypocrits and war mongers. I understand that isn’t true of some, but it does seem to be the majority, it saddens me truly. Where has the love and compassion and understanding that Jesus taught? Why is there so much prjudice and self righteousness in a group who is supposed to be different, supposed to be like Christ?

It’s not just Catholics and Christians. Most people are like that, if you haven’t noticed.

This is what happens when you give everyone equal opportunity to speak. This isnt limited to Christians, itll happen on any internet forum where complete annomidity is present.

Interestingly, the most ‘vocal’ on any given internet forum are the ones who would **** their pants if they ever met the individual/group in person:confused:

But Christians are supposed to be different than the rest of the whole world so that is why I focus on that group.

No, christians (as a whole) like to believe they are morally superior to the rest of the world.

As these forums demonstrate, they are no different than anyone else that believes their opinion is holy;)

Sadly, it’s true. While I don’t believe that all christians are like that I do see it often.

Supposed to be different and strive for perfection, but when pagans show us up in compassion love and understnding then I think something is wrong with the picture. I don’t think my opinions are holy, I have opinions and beleifs that are wrong, but I don’t allow them dominate me, I don’t work my faith around myself, I work myself around my faith. I change my views and behavior to fit what I’m supposed to be and do. Not trying to be all better than thou or self-righteous, it hurts when people accuse me of that.

So what is the truth about the Crusades? Scholars are still working some of that out. But much can already be said with certainty. For starters, the Crusades to the East were in every way defensive wars. They were a direct response to Muslim aggression—an attempt to turn back or defend against Muslim conquests of Christian lands.

Christians in the eleventh century were not paranoid fanatics. Muslims really were gunning for them. While Muslims can be peaceful, Islam was born in war and grew the same way. From the time of Mohammed, the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword. Muslim thought divides the world into two spheres, the Abode of Islam and the Abode of War. Christianity—and for that matter any other non-Muslim religion—has no abode. Christians and Jews can be tolerated within a Muslim state under Muslim rule. But, in traditional Islam, Christian and Jewish states must be destroyed and their lands conquered.
From the safe distance of many centuries, it is easy enough to scowl in disgust at the Crusades. Religion, after all, is nothing to fight wars over. But we should be mindful that our medieval ancestors would have been equally disgusted by our infinitely more destructive wars fought in the name of political ideologies. And yet, both the medieval and the modern soldier fight ultimately for their own world and all that makes it up. Both are willing to suffer enormous sacrifice, provided that it is in the service of something they hold dear, something greater than themselves. Whether we admire the Crusaders or not, it is a fact that the world we know today would not exist without their efforts. The ancient faith of Christianity, with its respect for women and antipathy toward slavery, not only survived but flourished. Without the Crusades, it might well have followed Zoroastrianism, another of Islam’s rivals, into extinction.

Thomas F. Madden is associate professor and chair of the Department of History at Saint Louis University.
crisismagazine.com/april2002/cover.htm

After blasting the West and the United Nations during his speech at the U.N. General Assembly in New York, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad went on to once again call for the return of the Hidden Imam, also known as the Mahdi – Maitreya—the Islamic messiah who can only come into the world when chaos and bloodshed reign, and, according to Muslim beliefs, whose coming will herald the apocalypse.

regimechangeiran.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_regimechangeiran_archive.html

Catholciism is not a suicide pact
1 Let every soul be subject to higher powers: for there is no power but from God: and those that are, are ordained of God. 2 Therefore he that resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. And they that resist, purchase to themselves damnation. 3 For princes are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? Do that which is good: and thou shalt have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to thee, for good. But if thou do that which is evil, fear: for he beareth not the sword in vain. For he is God’s minister: an avenger to execute wrath upon him that doth evil. 5 Wherefore be subject of necessity, not only for wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.

[quote=BryPGuy89]Christian gets killed in a Muslim country we all wail in anguish and anger. Muslims are attacked and killed in America and Christian countries as well. Even people who aren’t Muslim but are arabic and wear clothing of something Eastern or something are targets.
[/quote]

You are making an equivalence between a drop and an ocean. The amount of hatred and persecution Christians (and other religious minorities) have to endure in Islamic countries far exceeds anything that happens in the good ole US of A. Here in the USA we have laws to prevent religious and racial discrimination. In countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan religious and racial discrimination is enshrined in law.

Please ensure you are comparing the right things. A few people getting racially/religiously abused in the USA does not amount to a hill of beans when one considers that Christians (and other minorities) are persecuted for centuries and millions have been killed for no reason other than that they are not Muslims.

Some perspective please.

I’ve read this before in another thread I beleive. Didn’t really help me with my question though… I do think religion is something to fight a war over myself, but first it has to be under attck.

The ‘good ol US of A’ is mother to countless atrocities globally where Saudi Arabia and other Muslim theocracies cant even compare. Seein America is a Christian nation does this means Christians are inherently evil?

if you must respond, post in the other 100 ‘Lets Hate all Muslims’ threads. This one is more about why the Christians on these forums are self-righteous and dare I say? Arrogant.

Although you are right about loving one another as Jesus taught us - do not hate, do not be prejudice. Indeed, I could love you, but I could not accept your belief. There is a big different between loving someone and accepting one’s belief. When I love someone, I would do my best to bring that person to Jesus, I cannot accept if he is worshiping a false God.

Loving someone is to help him closer to God, and do it in a right way with Love.

Morning Edition, May 24, 2006 · In the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, the United States pressured Saudi Arabia to reform its educational curriculum by eliminating educational material that demonizes Christians and Jews or that urges holy war on “the unbelievers.” Senior Saudi officials have assured the United States that the reform has been completed, but a new report by the human-rights group Freedom House suggests otherwise.

Wahhabism, a strict and rigid interpretation of Islam, permeates life in Saudi Arabia and has long dominated the public school curriculum. When it was learned that most of the Sept. 11 hijackers were Saudis, the United States demanded changes in the Saudi school system in the belief that the strict Islamist curriculum encouraged a culture of violence.

Saudi officials have been trying to convince Washington that the educational curriculum has been reformed. On a recent speaking tour of American cities, the Saudi ambassador to the United States, Prince Turki al-Faisal, assured audiences that the Kingdom has “eliminated what might be perceived as intolerance” from its old textbooks.

Last week, Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal proclaimed in Washington that the reforms go far beyond moderating the language used in textbooks.

“They go into teachers’ training, directions for the messages that are given to children in the formative years, and this is done for our own security and our own educational standard,” he said.

The Center for Religious Freedom at Freedom House has studied some of the textbooks currently in use in Saudi public schools, from grades one through 12. Nina Shea, the center’s director, says the texts do not comport with what Saudi officials have been saying.

The textbooks “reflect an ideology of hatred against the other, against Christians, Jews other Muslims, for instance, Shiites and the majority Sunni Muslims and all others who do not subscribe to the Wahhabi doctrine,” Shea says.

The center’s report cites numerous examples. It quotes a fourth-grade text as telling students to “love for the sake of God and to hate for the sake of God.” The report says that textbooks instruct students that Christians and Jews are “apes and pigs” and warns students not to “greet,” “befriend” or “respect” non-believers.
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5426633

Okay, let us play your game. Let me name some of the atrocities the good ole ‘secular’ US of A has achieved of late:

1. Saved the Muslims of Bosnia from the Serbs - when not a single Muslim soldier from a single Muslim country volunteered to help their European Ummah.

2. Save the world from Communism.

3. Save the Afghans from the Taliban.

4. Save the Iraqis from Saddam.

5. Give billions in aid to Africa and the Muslim world.

Yup - those are the atrocities of the Great Satan, USA.

Please get some perspective - Muslims have and continue to persecute and kill millions of non-Muslims. In the USA we have racial and religious discrimination laws - try to find something similar in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

Jesus excepted the leper, the tax collector, the sinner in general, and because of that exceptance they flocked to him. I’ve read my Bible and often at mass you hear of exceptance and I for one do do that which is what I have seen to be what Christians are called to do.

Again many words but I fail to see how it relates to the thread and my question.

Here is your answer
Why can’t we just love and except one another

Islam was born in war and grew the same way. From the time of Mohammed, the means of Muslim expansion was always the sword. Muslim thought divides the world into two spheres, the Abode of Islam and the Abode of War. Christianity—and for that matter any other non-Muslim religion—has no abode. Christians and Jews can be tolerated within a Muslim state under Muslim rule. But, in traditional Islam, Christian and Jewish states must be destroyed and their lands conquered. Christianity, with its respect for women and antipathy toward slavery, not only survived but flourished. Without the Crusades, it might well have followed Zoroastrianism, another of Islam’s rivals, into extinction.

I’ll bite. I think the USA is like other countries and flawed, human kind wont find a government that isn’t, but it is extreme to assume I view it a Satan.

1. We killed innocents and conquered the continental US.

2. Forced the over throw of the Hawaiian monarchy for our benefit.

3. Didn’t enter either world war without something tragic happening to us first

4. Left North Korea and it’s dangerous leader who is more of a threat to the world than Saddam ever was in power because his territories aren’t rich in oil.

5. Refuse to help lesser countries in need unless we have an obligation or personal gain.

6. manipulated governments amd regimes all over the world with money and troop support for our benefits.

I wasn’t going to go there but if you wan tto bring it up, more power to you.

I’m not questioning the crusade, nor fear the end of Christianity because it can’t as Christ promised.

[quote=BryPGuy89]I’ll bite. I think the USA is like other countries and flawed, human kind wont find a government that isn’t, but it is extreme to assume I view it a Satan.
[/quote]

Good to hear that instead of the old ‘Death to America’ chants. It does get so tiresome.

[quote=BryPGuy89]1. We killed innocents and conquered the continental US.
[/quote]

So?

[quote=BryPGuy89]2. Forced the over throw of the Hawaiian monarchy for our benefit.
[/quote]

So?

[quote=BryPGuy89]3. Didn’t enter either world war without something tragic happening to us first
[/quote]

So what? We did enter in the end - you’re saying we should have entered at all?

[quote=BryPGuy89]4. Left North Korea and it’s dangerous leader who is more of a threat to the world than Saddam ever was in power because his territories aren’t rich in oil.
[/quote]

Ever heard of China?

[quote=BryPGuy89]5. Refuse to help lesser countries in need unless we have an obligation or personal gain.
[/quote]

Self interest is nothing to be ashamed of. Just look at what happens when you try to do something good without obvious immediate benefit to yourself for a change - like getting rid of Saddam.

[quote=BryPGuy89]6. manipulated governments amd regimes all over the world with money and troop support for our benefits.
[/quote]

Hasn’t every other government?

[quote=BryPGuy89]I wasn’t going to go there but if you wan tto bring it up, more power to you.
[/quote]

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.