Catholics in 3rd Reich

Tired of the tired arguments that somehow the Catholic Church caused WWII and the holocaust? That we were somehow sympathetic to the Nazi’s? Well a new book counters these lies.

The Third Reich in Power by Richard Evans has a wonderful chapter on how the Catholic Church fought the Nazi’s and how the Nazi’s hated the Church. You will find some of their tactics being used today by other anti-Catholics. It also shows how Protestants have nothing to be proud of in their response to Hitler. It is especially interesting in how it shows the Nazi’s using sexual abuse cases to attack the Church and weaken it. They didn’t care if they were true or not. Often they would arrest dozens of priests with no evidence just to get them out of the way. They were a means to an end. The end being ending the Church. We see that in some of the groups using the, all to often true, cases not to reform the Church but to kill her.

I have always wondered why no one ever accuses the Lutheran church in Germany of failing to stand against Hitler, or to defend the Jews.

Thal59

[quote=Thal59]I have always wondered why no one ever accuses the Lutheran church in Germany of failing to stand against Hitler, or to defend the Jews.

Thal59
[/quote]

They did?

[quote=cestusdei]Tired of the tired arguments that somehow the Catholic Church caused WWII and the holocaust? That we were somehow sympathetic to the Nazi’s? Well a new book counters these lies.

The Third Reich in Power by Richard Evans has a wonderful chapter on how the Catholic Church fought the Nazi’s and how the Nazi’s hated the Church. You will find some of their tactics being used today by other anti-Catholics. It also shows how Protestants have nothing to be proud of in their response to Hitler. It is especially interesting in how it shows the Nazi’s using sexual abuse cases to attack the Church and weaken it. They didn’t care if they were true or not. Often they would arrest dozens of priests with no evidence just to get them out of the way. They were a means to an end. The end being ending the Church. We see that in some of the groups using the, all to often true, cases not to reform the Church but to kill her.
[/quote]

I tried to find excerpts, but one-sentence quotes was the best I could find wihtout buing the book:

amazon.com/gp/reader/1594200742/ref=sib_con_vae/002-0596535-7767244?%5Fencoding=UTF8&keywords=catholic&v=search-inside

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.