Catholics, in your experience, which of these is more effective?

I only want those people to vote who have tried both of the alternatives. I myself am not voting, for I’ve not tried praying through the saints so much.

I didn’t vote, because I wanted to vote for both answers but couldn’t.

I think of it this way: if I’m praying for a specific intention, why not have as many people praying for it with me as I can? It doesn’t mean I don’t pray directly to God, it just means that others offer prayers on my behalf as well.

Just remember: asking the saints for their intercession isn’t like a vending machine (nor is prayer in general). God always answers our prayers, but not always the way we want or with what we expect. A genuine heart is the most important thing when praying. :slight_smile:

I think there needs to be a “both” button. You’re asking whether individual or intercessory prayer is better, and the Bible clearly says to do both. To paraphrase Lewis, it’s like asking which end of the scissors does the cutting.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.