Catholics Killing Others Over Faith

Below is the text from a Pentecostal message board where I posted this. Another Catholic there, Michaelg, had not answered someone’s question right away and they made fun of him, suggesting that he couldn’t answer and that he was a chicken. So I posted what you see below. Note the dates. I just find this sort of thing interesting and I’m not sure what to make of it. These are people I’d like to speak to face to face.

This is interesting.
« Reply #45 on Sept 4, 2005, 4:51pm »%between% %between% [%between%](“javascript:alert(‘This feature has been disabled.’);”)This is interesting, and I am not sure what to make of it. Around mid July Michealg put up with some good natured ribbing which I am sure was meant in all Christian charity, because he did not answer a claim right away.

On August 17 (19 days ago), I asked the question quoted below and have still not received an answer.

I can only assume that the person who made the claim that Catholics are currently killing other people because of religion is very busy, or is doing an extremely thorough job of putting together indisputable documention for that claim.

I also assumed that the information might have been readily available, after all, it is a pretty big claim. But I’ve been wrong before.

Patiently waiting.

Aug 17, 2005, 5:26pm, icxcnika wrote:
[size=1]Aug 12, 2005, 3:16pm, A.C.T.S. Administrator wrote: [font=Arial,Helvetica](THIS IS THE ACTS ADMIN.) First off, I added the word in parenthesis, I thought it was clear that I was making a point. Second, anyone who thinks the Roman Church IS NOT CURRENTLY KILLING FOLKS over their faith is laughably ignorant.

(THIS IS ME) So, you added “protestants” even though there were no protestants in Aquinas’ time, thus changing the meaning of the words. Okay.

Next, color me laughably ignorant because I am unaware of the Roman Catholic Church “currently killing folks over their faith.” Can you please enlighten me and give me some evidence that Catholics are “currently killing folks over their faith” ? Thank you.[/font][/size]To this date, no one at that message board has answered my question. Below is the email exchange I had with one of the moderators of that site.

On 8/22/05, I wrote:

I’ve read your post at the A.C.T.S message board and posted a reply, however I have not yet received a reply.Can you please supply me with evidence that Roman Catholics are currently killing others because of their faith?
Thank you.

“A.C.T.S. Administrator” **wrote**:
My apologies… I will respond shortly, in a few days.

Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: Catholic Killings.

Okay. No problem. Get back to me in a few days, or
several days, or 27 days, or whenever. I am anxously
waiting your answer.

**From “A.C.T.S. Administrator” **
I am so sorry… as you can see from my inactivity, I have been exceedingly busy. Pray for us, we are in the path of Hurricane Rita.

***My original email to him was August 21. To date I have never receieved an answer either at the message board or by email. I’ll give him the Hurricane, but before that I was completely ignored. *

Ask the person to cite their source for this outrageous claim. Because, if s/he makes a charge the onus is on him/her to back up not on Catholics to disprove something they know nothing about. :rolleyes:

[quote=Della]Ask the person to cite their source for this outrageous claim. Because, if s/he makes a charge the onus is on him/her to back up not on Catholics to disprove something they know nothing about. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I did. And I’ve been completely ignored. You’d think a claim like that would be right at his fingertips.

[quote=ICXCNIKA]I did. And I’ve been completely ignored. You’d think a claim like that would be right at his fingertips.
[/quote]

Don’t let him get away with this! Press him and challenge him to put up or shut up!!!

As best as I can tell, the last person to undergo an inquisition and be convicted and executed for heresy was Cayetano Ripoll, a deist, in Spain on July 26, 1826.

[quote=Todd Easton]As best as I can tell, the last person to undergo an inquisition and be convicted and executed for heresy was Cayetano Ripoll, a deist, in Spain on July 26, 1826.
[/quote]

But what about all the poor people in Africa that the Pope is infecting with AIDS?!!?!?!?!?

:smiley:

[quote=RobNY]But what about all the poor people in Africa that the Pope is infecting with AIDS?!!?!?!?!?

[/quote]

Or the Nazis that the Pope helped escape justice and HID in the Vatican. :wink:

[quote=Della]Don’t let him get away with this! Press him and challenge him to put up or shut up!!!
[/quote]

Well, I’m giving him some more time. He may have gone through a hurricane. Also, there hasn’t been much activity at the message board.

If there’s not that much activity at the board anyhow, I think you’d be better off ignoring it and letting it die. If they are all just waiting around for more Catholics to attack, why feed them?

[quote=Todd Easton]As best as I can tell, the last person to undergo an inquisition and be convicted and executed for heresy was Cayetano Ripoll, a deist, in Spain on July 26, 1826.
[/quote]

This lost soul may have been executed but who executed the execution? (Who performed the execution;) ). Was it the state or the visible body of Christ on earth, His Catholic Church? Did the condemned break a state law that had punishment by death or was it a Church law? If a person whose soul is lost is put to death, did you really execute a soul or just the flesh since the soul was allready dead?
We need much more information on Mr. Ripoll before we can discuss his situation. If we come to conclusions based on the information available from your post then we would be no better then the Protestants who constantly misinterpret their version of the Bible ‘out of context’.

[quote=Jabronie]If there’s not that much activity at the board anyhow, I think you’d be better off ignoring it and letting it die. If they are all just waiting around for more Catholics to attack, why feed them?
[/quote]

I doubt if I’ll ever hear from him again, anyway.

I just thought it was pretty odd that he would attack someone else for not answer right away, make a pretty big claim like that, then not take the time to back it up.

[quote=RobNY]But what about all the poor people in Africa that the Pope is infecting with AIDS?!!?!?!?!?

[/quote]

:smiley: :rotfl:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.