Catholics- Tell the truth. Have you ever.......

Cruised Protestant or anti-Catholic forums just to instigate?

Looked at some Jack Chick sites - they were a hoot!!!

Anyone who reads a cartoon to learn about religion, etc > . . . Well!!!

Of course some of the things inside Catholicism are pretty offbeat as well. I have a coworker that spends much of the day running around the office spouting some St Anthony poem when she is can’t find something.

Who is the patron saint of computer crashes??

No, I have not.

Just to instigate what? Instigate is a transitive verb . . .

Instigate a coversation? a quarrel? a fight? a discussion? an opportunity for telling the Truth?

When bored, I will serf through Jack Chick’s site. Just wanting to see what the “truely kooky” peeps are doing. It’s a funny site in a very sad way.

I wonder if people really fall for his hairbrained ideas :rolleyes:

Yes, I have. Quite accidentally of course.

[quote=Katholikos]Just to instigate what? Instigate is a transitive verb . . .

Instigate a coversation? a quarrel? a fight? a discussion? an opportunity for telling the Truth?
[/quote]

A quarrel or a fight. You know-
[list]
*]to straighten 'em out
*]save their lost souls
*]prove you’re right and they’re less right
*]see if you cause someone to pop a major artery
*]insult their dog or mother
*]call them all snake handlers
*] tell them why they’re all gonna light up hell like a can of gas
*]just generally be contrary
*][font=Comic Sans MS]to give them a grammer lesson
[/font]
[/list]

[quote=chrisg93]Yes, I have. Quite accidentally of course.
[/quote]

I see. Has this happened accidentally more than once?

No, I haven’t. I did briefly browse one site once (from a link someone had posted on these forums), but what was there was so hate-filled towards the Catholic faith I figured that trying to explain the Catholic faith on those boards would be casting pearls before swine, and I feel life is too short for that kind of aggita.

Not to instigate, but they don’t even wanna talk, so when I got “cooled” I just said “Forget it”. We’re here if they really wanna get a dialog going…seems like some of those on here are instigators though. No biggie…I’m Irish and love a good debate…LOL So long as it’s not too hostile. :wink:

It is possible to find someone on an anti-Catholic site who eventually converts to Catholicism. But in general, the sites can be downers. It feels more adversarial than here. I don’t go to pick fights. That takes too much energy.

I enjoy many of the debates that go on anti-Catholic Forums, and then when I’m tired of the flame throwing I come back here.

I have looked through a few like the Jesusislord, reachingCatholicsforChrist, and a few others just to see how anti-Catholic they were. They were pretty bad.

I have not, thought about it though. Just to get a look at their arguments since I am studying apologetics. BTW, the St. Anthony thing works, I don’t know the poem, but will say a little prayer when I have lost/misplaced something and it has NEVER failed me!!! Give it a try. God bless, chris

For lack of a better way to describe my feelings on this I would have to say that I stopped doing this because seeing some of the anti-catholic propoganda on these made me feel “icky” (As in ill and not some weird feeling of oneness with a former member of the Cincinnati Bengals).

I have to admit that I am probably not well equipped enough to jump into the fray on these sights

Well, I have to tell the truth, I have sometimes just see what their response might be to a particular topic. It has never failed to spark flaming though…how sad :o

NO !!!

[quote=chris138]I have not, thought about it though. Just to get a look at their arguments since I am studying apologetics. BTW, the St. Anthony thing works, I don’t know the poem, but will say a little prayer when I have lost/misplaced something and it has NEVER failed me!!! Give it a try. God bless, chris
[/quote]

Here’s one version of it:

Good Saint Anthony, look around.
Something’s lost and can’t be found.

Chris is right – it works!

JMJ Jay

[quote=mark a]A quarrel or a fight. You know-
[list]
*]to straighten 'em out
*]save their lost souls
*]tell them why they’re all gonna light up hell like a can of gas
*][font=Comic Sans MS]to give them a grammer lesson [/font]
[/list]
[/quote]

:clapping: :tiphat:
:rotfl: Sure, I’d love to save a soul. Got any URLs?

The Holy Spirit has allowed me to witness two conversions from Protestant/Catholic discussion groups in which I participated. One was a very anti-Catholic gal from Oregon who was touched by God and came into the Church two years ago at Easter, bringing her husband and two sons with her. The other was a university professor in England whom I met online and “mentored,” whose best friend came back to the Church in time to be her sponsor at last year’s Easter Vigil. They both now teach the Faith in their parishes.

It is a glorious and wonderful thing when the Holy Spirit allows us to see Him in action! We never know what impact we may have, but to dispel ignorance is a worthy endeavor. We just have to type and pray like crazy.

JMJ Jay

[quote=mark a]A quarrel or a fight. You know-
[list]
*]to straighten 'em out
*]save their lost souls
*]tell them why they’re all gonna light up hell like a can of gas
*][font=Comic Sans MS]to give them a grammer lesson [/font]
[/list]
[/quote]

I was once a member on an anti-Catholic message board. I signed up to post for no other reason than to correct misconceptions. I absolutely refused to debate, telling them that there were plenty of other people there to do that. All I was doing was correcting things when the Church was accused of teaching something she doesn’t. That didn’t stop members from trying to lure me into arguments and then shame me into responding by accusing me of not knowing the answer, being blind to the truth or being a coward, always in the nastiest way possible. I never took the bait though. I would reiterate why I was there. My posts would be simple, saying something like “The Church does not teach X. The Church actually teaches Y”.

Eventually I was banned from the site being told I was disgusting. Go figure.

In Christ,
Nancy :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.