Catholics United?

I was researching something on-line and came across a group that call themselves Catholics United. Does anybody know anything about them? How Catholic are they? Are they in line with the catechism?

Do you by any chance mean CUF, Catholics United for the Faith? If so, they are very orthodox and true to Church teaching.

No, I don’t think so. Their website had a red-white-and-blue color scheme, which for some reason raised a red flag in my mind. It seemed like they were taking issue with something that had been written by a conservative congressman about gay marriage.

I found it. I had not heard of it before but the two main people it mentions as running the site are both listed as having leadership positions with Pax Christi. Pax Christ, if you are not familiar with them, is mainly an anti-war group that has been at times criticized for being at odds with Church teaching, especially when it comes to life issues.

The CU site is confusing but it appears to have been formed as a counter to the message by Catholic answers, the USCCB and the Vatican regarding voting and the idea that there are some issues which are “non-negotiable”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.