Catholics who actually read the Bible – one woman's online ministry

Tempe, Ariz., Feb 14, 2016 / 03:02 pm (CNA).- Jenna Guizar is a busy woman.

When she’s not spending time with her husband and three daughters or being a full time respiratory therapist at a local hospital in Tempe, Ariz., she’s the Creative Director for “Blessed is She,” an online women’s ministry for Catholic women.

Guizar was running a personal blog a few years ago, mostly for close friends and family, when she noticed that the Protestants had somewhat cornered the market on online bible studies and corresponding communities.

“I found that it was lacking in the Catholic world,” Guizar told CNA. “That idea of doing bible studies together as a group or even studying the word together, and online resources for people to study the word on their phone or on their tablets or on the Internet.”

The desire to create community based on studying scripture from a Catholic perspective was what drove Guizar to found “Blessed Is She”, a women’s ministry that has community and devotions based on the daily readings at its heart.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/catholics-who-actually-read-the-bible-one-womans-online-ministry-43848/

This free online Catholic Bible study has been around for awhile…

agapebiblestudy.com/

:thumbsup: Thanks for this. I’ve never seen it and I love Catholic Mom blogs!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.