Catholics: Why are you not Protestant?

The question is posted and explain why you are not Protestant.

I am not Protestant because of Sola Scriptura, and Sola Fidelis and because of the different doctrines each Protestant Churches have…and their doctrine is not even Biblical

Because no Protestant belief makes as much sense as the Catholic Faith. None. Not historically, or scripturally, or even logically.

I go with the fullness of Truth. :thumbsup:

~Liza

because nothing is more scripturally provable than the real presence in the Eucharist.

By God’s grace I am not a Protestant. Do they have anything to offer me? No, only less than what I already have. In fact, less is how they try to sell it too. Less is not more in Christianity.

I was for over 40 years.

The Catholic Church lines up with God’s written Word. I don’t have to skip over parts of the Bible to be Catholic.

But I do miss the covered dinners with no alcohol in sight.

Because I don’t like doing things in half-measure.
Because God’s Gentleness healed me of my trust issues.
Because God’s Hand healed me of a fatal illness.
Because years later I prayed the Memorare and God moved a flock of geese out of my way and then into the path of a predator whom the geese then proceeded to bring down.
Because God found me a place to stay with some Franciscans in the middle of a blizzard.
Because I love Wisdom.
Because the Church is beautiful.
Because Creation is full of intelligence, humour, and wonder.
Because sometimes some Saints butt in on the Litany.
Because some priests and nuns have ‘something’ that I want.
Because JP2 loves me.
Because I saw an $80 painting of St Pio turn into an ikon beyond price in the time it took to bless it.
Because Art sings to the Church.
Because of the bells.
Because of the martyrs.
Because the Church just goes on and on like the Energizer Bunny bringing souls to Jesus – quietly, soul by soul.
Because if the Church was good enough for Jesus then it is good enough for me.
Because I have made a promise to our Lady and I will never never leave.

There are too many reasons to list, so I will list my favorite. :slight_smile:

I am a witness to a Eucharistic miracle.

Because God told me this was His Church. (Subtle didn’t work real well for me.)

Chuck

I was a Protestant for most of my life.

I never found Protestantism (and I realise the term is very broad) to be intellectually or spiritually fulfilling. The best way I can explain it is that it was like Christianity in a dense fog.

I appreciate it though, in that it led me to Catholicism.

I’d prefer to discuss why I’m a Catholic :slight_smile:

Because they’re wrong. :slight_smile:

God Bless,
Michael

I was born and raised Catholic and I have never had a desire to be anything else because this is the Church founded by Jesus. Why would anyone want to give up what we have in the Eucharist?

I feel free as a Catholic.

Catholic came before Protestant in the Yellow Pages.

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_10_6.gif

What do you mean?

I hope I did not imply something against Catholicism that was unfair.

I was raised Protestant - Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostal. When I was 22 the Holy Spirit led me into the Catholic Church. The next year I was allowed in & I have daily confirmation that this is where I belong! I’ve now been a Catholic for 31 years. :extrahappy:

Dear Vaclav: I think Ani was agreeing with you. (Although I’m sure she can–and WILL–speak for herself.) :slight_smile:

I’m Catholic because of the simplicity and depth of the Catholic faith. I realized that Catholicism is for everyone, whether illiterate or the greatest scholar.

This is important for me, because there are days when I need simplicity and someone to tell me what I need to do next without a theological treatise. Where, a detailed, cross-referenced answer would cause tears to well up and my brain to overload. There are days when I cannot think anymore, need someone to carry me and the Church gives sacraments to help me through the hard times.

But then there are days when I need answers. When the simple yes leaves me hungering for more and I need substance and Truth. Where I ask “why” like a two year old and long to explore every question under the sun. On those days the Church pours out knowledge from the past 2000 years, not only answering the few questions I had, but gives me more to think about.

The Church is like a mother who takes her child out into the fields to play. When the child questions her about the butterfly, she not only explains that it is a nice bug, but goes on to explain how it came from a caterpillar and by such opens up a whole new world of questions. And, when the child is unexpectedly stung, she knows no explanations about the habits of bees will help, and instead cleans the wound and holds the child until he is ready to explore again.

I was ATTRACTED to the Church because of it’s incredible resources regarding Christianity.

I BECAME a member of the Church because that information that I found convinced me that the Church is THE Church.

I’m not a protestant because I’m a member of the Church, and not in protest against it.

Mahalo ke Akua…!
E pili mau na pomaikai iaoe. Aloha nui.

Beautiful post Lady C!
smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_29.gif

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.