Caught in a bad situation

I can’t really go into lots of detail, but I’m caught in a bad situation and I can’t seem to get free of it. It sort of like quicksand – the more I struggle, the worse things get. I can’t seem to explain myself sufficiently to those who need to understand, and then my depression and anxiety come flooding in, and I just give up in a heap.

I do pray, but feel hypocritical, like I expect God to just whisk me out of this without any effort on my part.

I *am *making an effort, but it seems feeble and is apparently not enough.

Even on a non-religious level, I look at myself and think, “I’m a college-educated 42-year-old who manages all on her own, yet I can’t sort this out? What’s *wrong *with me?!” OTOH, it might partially be *because *I’m all on my own in the financial and physical senses that this is the one straw too many. I don’t know.

Your prayers would be very much appreciated. I feel like I’m whining, but I’ve been staring into space all day today at work, probably with a knitted brow, unable to concentrate, so… I’m risking sounding like a whiner. :wink:

Praying for you with Bible verses from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) Jeremiah 31:33 ©
This is the covenant I will make with the House of Israel when those days arrive – it is the Lord who speaks. Deep within them I will plant my Law, writing it on their hearts. Then I will be their God and they shall be my people.

Noon reading (Sext) Jeremiah 32:40 ©
I will make an everlasting covenant with them. I will not cease in my efforts for their good, and I will put respect for me into their hearts, so that they turn from me no more.

Afternoon reading (None) Ezekiel 34:31 ©
You, my sheep, are the flock I shall pasture, and I am your God – it is the Lord who speaks.

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

I’m sorry francesca, I will be praying for you. I’ll add your intentions to my Rosary tomorrow. I have been struggling with some sad days too, not sure why, I have much to be thankful for! But, I prayed tonight…Lord, please make me new, please help me to lean on Your understanding of things, and not my own. Keep saying that, and God will help you.

Praying for you my friend…

I have been kind of blah lately too. I believe this happened to me last year at about this same time. I was very tired of the cold, wet, winter weather and suddenly, a cool spring arrived. I love the improvement in the weather but seem to be stuck in a spiritual rut. Not sure what it is. I will keep praying. I will pray for you too!

God bless.

Lord please help my sister in her struggle. Help her rest in your arms and rely on your strength and comfort to get her through whatever it is she needs. In Jesus’ mighty and powerful Name, Amen.
mlz

All of our efforts are feeble when compared with the infinite power of God. He knows this, and He knows your struggles better than anyone. Take comfort in the fact that He will take your feeblest effort and turn it into something magnificent, and bring an answer to your situation in a way that will probably be entirely unexpected, and yet perfectly fitting. :slight_smile:

Been there, done that, got a closetful of t-shirts. :stuck_out_tongue: It IS mentally/emotionally wearying to be responsible for absolutely everything, and to feel that you have to carry the burden (all burdens) all on your own. But, it helps me to remember that although I often FEEL like I’m “all on my own”, I’m really not. I know that God loves us (despite all our blunders and weak moments), and that the Saints in heaven are praying for us every day of our lives, and as part of the body of Christ, we’re never truly alone.

Well, I suppose I’ve rambled enough for now. :slight_smile: I don’t know if what I said will be at all helpful, but please know that I will be praying for you, Francesca! :slight_smile:

Wow. I posted that not four hours ago, went and prayed myself, and while the situation is not resolved, I have received a little miracle that’s allowing me some space to try again. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten such a definite answer to a prayer (or others’ prayers for me) before.

I know I need to take advantage of this situation, be brave and try again to wiggle out of the quicksand, but I’m so very grateful that I even have this new chance!

Thank you so much.

In Christ,

F

Holding you in my prayers.

Prayers for you in this difficult situation. Take it to adoration. Offer up your sufferings to God and he will help you. Be still when you are in adoration and allow his comfort and healing to enter you and fill you will you need to face the tribulation in your life. That is my prayer for you today.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying hard for your peace of mind and for successfully resolving this situation.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

You are in my prayers…continue to be brave.

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. You can “whine” if you want. Just turn that “whine” into a prayer the way Jesus did,
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? (My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?)
But then know that after Jesus prayed that prayer, He rose from the dead! Jesus carried His cross with patience. Have hope in the Cross of Christ! This is a cross that God has given you as a gift.

Please click on the link in my siggy to watch my video “There is Hope in the Cross of Christ.” Make sure your speakers are on.

:crossrc:
Saint Michael the archangel
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the
wickedness & snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do thou O prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God, cast into hell satan,
and all the evil spirits who prowl around the
world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer you the pain & discomfort that I have. Please rain down
graces through the hands of Mary, to Francesca.

:signofcross:

[/INDENT]

Thank you… and that was really lovely. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I appreciate your prayers… and that was a lovely video. :slight_smile:

Thank you… I know that among other things I need to concentrate on my many blessings! :slight_smile: I’m feeling much clearer and stronger today… onward!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.