Caught on Camera: Pro-Life Activists Confronted and Attacked by Woman

COLUMBUS (Tara Morgan) – A pro-life protest gets out of hand, and now a woman is charged with a crime.

The group Created Equal is known to stage anti-abortion protests outside the State House on South High and Broad Street. Just before lunchtime Wednesday, the group’s staff and interns were confronted by a woman.

Victoria Duran is seen on video yelling at the protestors and kicking down their signs.

abc6onyourside.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/caught-camera-prolife-activists-confronted-attacked-woman-33154.shtml#.U761R41dX74

Warning: original video does have swearing

Classy lady. A real tribute to her cause…

Liberals are very much for diversity of thought and freedom of expression… unless, of course, you disagree with them.

And her running off and kicking over another sign? Sorry, it made me :rotfl:

“A pro-life protest gets out of hand” ??? A pro-abortion protester gets out of hand!

:thumbsup:

I’ll lay ten to one odds that no other network picks this story up.

Oh well, we know the colors of the other side, and have known for quite a while, so this isn’t really surprising. I applaud those men for their restraint, and pray that that woman allows God into her heart so she no longer feels the need to physically assault those who disagree with her.

Usually I take it as a good sign, for example, when I’m at the “clinic” aka abortion mill and there is some kind of trouble by the other side. It means that our enemy of enemies is not happy and that good is actually being done by a Pro-life presence and Pro-life voice in these places of great need.

I do hope more and more will stand up for life, though, and join the ranks!
:):):slight_smile:

You got that right.:thumbsup:

God bless you in your witness for the lives of Mothers and their Children. x

Amen.

I would be surprised if other networks picked this up because it is a very local story and a very small one…most editors would say a woman mouthing off for a few minutes and kicking two signs isn’t enough to warrant a “story”.
If it’s a slow news day and they have to fill a slot, maybe.

Plus, she just seems like an imbalanced person walking by for a few minutes. I don’t think the camera guy she pushed to stop filming her got hurt. Had he or anyone else got hurt, it would be another level of story and it would be reported on more.

But if other networks don’t pick it up, tho…it’s not because it’s a pro-life demonstration. It’s because nothing big happened.
Any journalism teacher would say this and teach this.

How do we know she’s a “Liberal”?
We can barely tell what she’s saying. She’s saying something about “women’s rights” but nothing else is clear from the video…we can’t tell what, exactly, she’s angry about.
Even if she’s against their protest and thinks they are “idiots”, as she said in the later interview, we still don’t know why exactly. There might be something about this specific group that she is ticked off about.
And even if she’s legally pro-choice, it still doesn’t mean you can generalize and categorize her as a “Liberal”…and then go a step further, even, and make that generalization of *all *“Liberals”.
I mean…you can, of course. But you have a 50-50 chance of being correct.

If it walks like a duck…

[quote=DaddyGirl] Quote:

Originally Posted by ProdglArchitect

I’ll lay ten to one odds that no other network picks this story up.

I would be surprised if other networks picked this up because it is a very local story and a very small one…most editors would say a woman mouthing off for a few minutes and kicking two signs isn’t enough to warrant a “story”.
If it’s a slow news day and they have to fill a slot, maybe.

Plus, she just seems like an imbalanced person walking by for a few minutes. I don’t think the camera guy she pushed to stop filming her got hurt. Had he or anyone else got hurt, it would be another level of story and it would be reported on more.

But if other networks don’t pick it up, tho…it’s not because it’s a pro-life demonstration. It’s because nothing big happened.
Any journalism teacher would say this and teach this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseNY

Liberals are very much for diversity of thought and freedom of expression… unless, of course, you disagree with them.
:

How do we know she’s a “Liberal”?
We can barely tell what she’s saying. She’s saying something about “women’s rights” but nothing else is clear from the video…we can’t tell what, exactly, she’s angry about.
Even if she’s against their protest and thinks they are “idiots”, as she said in the later interview, we still don’t know why exactly. There might be something about this specific group that she is ticked off about.
And even if she’s legally pro-choice, it still doesn’t mean you can generalize and categorize her as a “Liberal”…and then go a step further, even, and make that generalization of all “Liberals”.
I mean…you can, of course. But you have a 50-50 chance of being correct.

[/quote]

Any man or woman who could kill their own child or encourage someone else to is imbalanced.

And also a liberal. Let’s not be coy about this…

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

Perhaps Columbus needs a buffer zone to keep the pro-abortion people away from the pro-life protesters!:wink:

Peace

Tim

This woman does not come across as very smart… I think the only smart thing she did is refusing to answer questions about her legal troubles.

Hello.

just my two cents:

This woman needs to be kept in our prayers. Am not condoning her behavior either. That was indeed assault. What if she had had a gun? Good idea to bring a video camera while protesting against abortion. Am also grateful for the good example of the peaceful behavior of the protestors.

Placing her and all involved in this incident in the enclosed garden of the most sacred heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Those of us who participate in 40-Days know the F-bomb and being flipped off (aka international sign of peace) are routine from some pro-abortion / liberal public.

A local group prays w/ signs every Thursday AM when the local PP clinic performs abortions. I cannot repeat here the words and phrases tossed out @ them over the years.
Experience has told them to keep their charged phones handy to call 911 due to the threats. Several wear a body camera for legal protection.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.