Caught on Tape

The reason the London bombers were caught so fast was because they were caught on tape.

We don’t even think about CCTV over here (except for the so called ‘speed cameras’ which photograph speeding cars). Common sense. Over the years many, many street robberies and sex offences have been solved by use of CCTV video tapes. Every Underground Station has cameras. A lot of buses also but not yet the entire fleet.

And here is an interesting thought. The guy nabbed in Rome was located, tracked even, all across Europe (he travelled by trains) because he made lots of cell phone calls to his mates including our friend in Birmingham. So when he arrived at Rome Station there was a team of Italian counter-terror police to follow him to his brother’s house.

Did you know your cell phone can be used to track your wherabouts? Or that the government routinely eavesdrop on cell phone calls? Here in UK we have had several murder trials where cell phone evidence was crucial in terms of indicating whereabouts of victim and perpetrator. Let ACLU put that in their pipe and smoke it!

As much common sense as ACLU exhibits, I think they’ve already been smoking something else in their pipe.

That’s really encouraging, however people here still worry about the Patroit Act. I am sure from cell calls, e-mails are being tracked.
I don’t have a cell phone becasue I have a difficult time seeing and reading the Tiny buttons! :eek:

I don’t have a cell phone because I’m too cheap to spend the money for something which would be of very limited use to me.

[quote=Cockney Clive]We don’t even think about CCTV over here (except for the so called ‘speed cameras’ which photograph speeding cars). Common sense. Over the years many, many street robberies and sex offences have been solved by use of CCTV video tapes. Every Underground Station has cameras. A lot of buses also but not yet the entire fleet.

And here is an interesting thought. The guy nabbed in Rome was located, tracked even, all across Europe (he travelled by trains) because he made lots of cell phone calls to his mates including our friend in Birmingham. So when he arrived at Rome Station there was a team of Italian counter-terror police to follow him to his brother’s house.

Did you know your cell phone can be used to track your wherabouts? Or that the government routinely eavesdrop on cell phone calls? Here in UK we have had several murder trials where cell phone evidence was crucial in terms of indicating whereabouts of victim and perpetrator. Let ACLU put that in their pipe and smoke it!
[/quote]

Here in the US, we have shows that show police videos and surveillance. Some of them are the insane antics that happen on the freeways of the UK. Some bizzare stuff.

As for the US. It is my opinion that those who complain about surveillance cameras here in the US are more likely have something to hide.

PF

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.