CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Wisconsin U Student Senator Vandalizing Pro-Life Display of Crosses

ARLINGTON, VA, May 7, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - On Thursday, May 1, 2008, a peaceful Cemetery of the Innocents display at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point (UWSP) was vandalized by a Student Senator, Roderick King.

After having their display vandalized on the night of April 30th, several members from the UWSP pro-life group, Pointers for Life, were repairing the display around 11am on the morning of May 1st when a group of angry students, lead by UWSP Student Senator Roderick King, began to walk though the rows, taking crosses from the ground and throwing them.

King began to voice his complaints and said that Pointers for Life had “no right” to display the crosses, and that it was “his duty as a paying student” to take them down.

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/may/08050711.html

Here is the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=t5NeLyMZUYM

A grand display of hatred… So very sad.

Apparantly the right to free speech only applies to those who agree with the Left these days.:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

The first thing I noticed was that the student that was tearing down the crosses was a homesexual. I am only pointing it out because I noticed during the pro-choice march a couple of years ago, that there were MANY homosexual pro-choice activists. I am befuddled at why they would care. Not being able to reproduce seems to make abortion a non-issue for them.:confused:

“You don’t have the right to challenge it”…
“Do not put this in front of all of us”…
“this is not your right”…
“I don’t care if they have the university’s approval”…

as sad as this issue is, I couldn’t help but smirk watching this video of this clown throwing a tantrum like a child.

I wonder if the student government will ever actually address the issue. With clear video evidence of his vandalization and interruption of a sanctioned event, he really should have been removed as a Senator immediately to say the least.

i noticed that he said in 1973 that abortion was made a constitutional right.

Wow… :eek:

That’s vandalism…on tape…and he and the other students participating should receive disciplinary action from the school. I mean honestly, if he believes displays like this one shouldn’t happen then he can take it up with the student senate and the administration.

You better believe there would have been serious action taken if pro-life students vandalized a pro-choice or gay pride exhibit. :mad:

It’s our own fault. We tolerate this kind of anti free speech and do nothing about it. The only thing that thise video shows, is that pro lifers are weak and scared little people who won’t stand up to big bad Rodderick in a pink shirt. What a shame. This, is why we lose.

It sounds like the Pro-Life group video taped the vandalism, contacted campus police to stop the vandalism, and filed an official complaint with the University concerning the vandalism.

It is now up to the University to enforce it’s regulations, and possibly for the Pro-Life group to consider legal action if it refuses.

While they might seem “weak and scared little people” to some, I see them as brave, smart, and able to keep their cool even when being antagonized.

The only thing I can think that they could have done to stop him then was physical force, which would then be twisted by the media as to how a Pro-Life group ‘assaulted an innocent bystander who disagreed with them’ or some other garbage.

CatholicCid;3975396]

While they might seem “weak and scared little people” to some, I see them as brave, smart, and able to keep their cool even when being antagonized.

And where is that getting us? Anybody can stand there when attacked, but a brave man would have stopped him. To let him continue to silence them is stupid, and uncool. And wimpy.

The only thing I can think that they could have done to stop him then was physical force, which would then be twisted by the media as to how a Pro-Life group ‘assaulted an innocent bystander who disagreed with them’ or some other garbage

I am sick of this “we can’t do what is right because of the media” nonsense anymore. While the media is biased, they are not bias to the point that they 100% lie. We have the internet now. The truth can be told. Hell, newspaper subscriptions are dropping like flies for the internet.

Time to do what is right and to stand up to these people. The only thing in this video in this post has done was…nothing. It did nothing. Time to show that we mean business and have had enough of this type of attack on us. Rodderick should have been asked to stop and then tackled if he did not. They had every right to be there and he violated their rights. The damage was done, and he should have been stopped. Are we men or mice anymore? No wonder we are losing this once great nation. It is almost not worth defending anymore.

Oh, trust me neat62, I would have clocked him :p. I admire those who have cooler heads, but I’m afraid that’s a shortcoming of mine.

And where is that getting us? Anybody can stand there when attacked, but a brave man would have stopped him. To let him continue to silence them is stupid, and uncool. And wimpy.

While a brave man would defend himself, he would also not needlessly get into a fight. I personally would have went, and started restaking each cross he pulled off, and if he so as much as touched me, well, like I said I’m not a cooler head.
However, I think letting him stand there, make a fool of himself, then going to restaking the crosses would have spoken 100x louder to those watching.

I am sick of this “we can’t do what is right because of the media” nonsense anymore. While the media is biased, they are not bias to the point that they 100% lie. We have the internet now. The truth can be told. Hell, newspaper subscriptions are dropping like flies for the internet.

As a group overall, I do think they did what was right. A fanatic goaded them, and they did not let him get under their skin. They showed that while one side will resort to vandalism, ect… another won’t.

If he had taken it a step further and started snapping the crosses, ect… he should have physically been restrained. However, all he did was show himself to be an idiot. Crosses can be restaked, I’ve done it myself. And I think we can clearly see who the mice and men are. The men are the ones who won’t go into a panic and act irrationally when the mice start running about the floor.

And, yes, he did violate their right. And I hope they refuse to allow the university to sweep it under the rug. I’m sure he broke countless school rules and regulations, and I hope is is forcibly removed as a Senator, suspended, and possibly expelled.

Another example of a homosexual who uses aggression in an attempt to force others to accept his beliefs.

Those involved in the Culture of Death will defend and protect the Culture of Death.

It is time for us Catholics to stand up and fight for LIFE. We don’t have to take this sort of behaviour.

I wish I was a lawyer. I would fight these types of individuals in the Courts.

Watching that video makes me so mad!!! They should’ve stopped him from doing that. I would have forceably removed him from the vicinity.

Because the incident happened just before the end of the academic year, sanctions against Roderick King seem to be up in the air until the start of the new school year. We do know:

The university may decide not to make public any actions taken against Roderick King.

Mr. King decided not to run for election to the Senate, and his 07-08 term expired. However, he applied to be appointed to an open seat for the 08-09 school year and was approved. Apparently no one objected, including the president of the pro-life group Pointers for Life.

The Student Senate will consider action against Mr. King during its first meeting in September.

uwsp.edu/news/May1incident-update.htm

The two have the common ground of seperating sex and the creation of life. They are allies in their anti-christian efforts.

The video is such a wonderful example of tolerance.
sarcasm - just in case some of you might have missed that.

CatholicCid;

Oh, trust me neat62, I would have clocked him :p.

:thumbsup:

While a brave man would defend himself, he would also not needlessly get into a fight.

Oh me neither. As I say, I would have asked him to stop first. Beyond that, the fight would not be needless.

However, I think letting him stand there, make a fool of himself, then going to restaking the crosses would have spoken 100x louder to those watching.

Well for me, letting him continue, is a loss to our side. To stop him would have been a win. Those watching probably thought that King was badder because he had the guts to do what he did in the first place.

As a group overall, I do think they did what was right. A fanatic goaded them, and they did not let him get under their skin. They showed that while one side will resort to vandalism, ect… another won’t.

That just exposed our soft underbelly. That we are weak and not willing to stand up for and defend ourselves.

However, all he did was show himself to be an idiot.

He only looked like an idiot to our side, man.

And I think we can clearly see who the mice and men are. The men are the ones who won’t go into a panic and act irrationally when the mice start running about the floor.

And the men deal with the mice, not climb on the chair. We climbed on the chair when we did nothing.

I don’t understand. Why are they restricted to bringing charges through the university? Why aren’t they bringing criminal vandalism charges with the local police? Does the law of the land not apply on a university campus?

You know what I agree with him. That doesn’t belong on a university campus.

Dale_M, thanks for that information. If they felt it could wait till the proceeding year, I doubt the university would take much action. He could easily have been suspended or punished at the end of the year.

[quote=neat62]CatholicCid;
Well for me, letting him continue, is a loss to our side. To stop him would have been a win. Those watching probably thought that King was badder because he had the guts to do what he did in the first place.
[/quote]

Or they thought him a fool and hypocrit for what he was doing and saying. As it was an academic campus, we can only hope that the ‘bright minds of tomorrow’ realized that the guy who seemed tough was truly the weakest of them all. The fact that he stopped once he realized he might have to pay damages show how strong his convictions were.

That just exposed our soft underbelly. That we are weak and not willing to stand up for and defend ourselves.

Or that we are stronger then those who think that we will be intimidated. Unless the group packed it up right then and there, I think they showed their perserverence to weather all types of attacks, that they will not allow any type of intimidation or harassment make them falter in their beliefs.

And the men deal with the mice, not climb on the chair. We climbed on the chair when we did nothing.

While they may not have physically intervened, they did not do nothing. They went through all the legitimate channels for the university. They obtained irrefutable evidence of the vandalism, called campus security and lodged a complaint. I also hope that they follow through with the complaint and not allow the university to let his actions go unpunished.

As the students did everything by the book, it will also make it easier for them to push for a harsh punishment. The student in question can not try to claim any type of victim status.
Perhaps they were even told beforehand to not confront anyone who attacked the display. My university’s pro-life group had campus security tell us to call them if we had any vandalism, and not to confront the vandals with force.

[quote=Edward62]You know what I agree with him. That doesn’t belong on a university campus.
[/quote]

Why not?

If you ban one sanctioned activity at the university, you have to ban them all. If the Pro Life group cannot use their campus mall for a display, then the Car Club cannot show off their cars there, the Karate Club cannot hold exhibitions, ect…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.