Cause for Canonization for Fulton Sheen

(For those of you who have been touched by this wonderful bishop’s ministry when he walked his pilgrim’s journey in his earthy life, I wanted to pass on this email I got from Mgsr Deptula who is the Exec Director of the Cause for Canonization of Bishop Sheen

This is dated Oct 27, 2011 so the review is happening tomorrow in Vatican City Oct 28, 2011.

Feel free to pass this email along to others)

Dear Friends of Sheen,
We are in true need of your help. We need prayers as the Fulton Sheen Positio is being reviewed by the Theologians in Rome. Please pray for the discernment of the Theologians and for the Cause of our beloved Archbishop Fulton Sheen. You are our foot soldiers. I encourage you to forward this note to all your friends and have them join us in prayer and encourage them to become active participants in this great Cause. Let’s flood heaven with our rosaries, novenas, Masses and holy hours. We specially need prayer from 8am to 8pm tomorrow as the review begins at 5PM Italy time. I encourage you to pray as Sheen prayed. Please visit the Blessed Sacrament and as Sheen loved our lovely lady dressed in blue please pray many, many rosaries. Let us all take example from our Servant of God Archbishop Fulton Sheen and Pray! Pray! Pray!

In prayer with all of you,

Msgr. Stanley Deptula
Executive Director

Hi

I’ll happily pray. Bishop Sheen did so much for Catholics and the Church during his lifetime. He was and is a modern day saint.

God bless,
Clare

(Update from the director)

Dear Friends of Sheen,
I just heard from our postulator in Rome and the Archbishop Fulton Sheen Positio was unanimously accepted by the Theologians. That is our first hurdle. Next stop Bishops then the Pope. So I would like to ask that you keep up your prayers of thanksgiving while praying for the next step. These are exciting times and I can’t thank you enough for all your prayers.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

Msgr. Stanley Deptula
Executive Director
Archbishop Fulton Sheen Foundation

Wonderful news!

Bishop Sheen is one of my favorite theologians. Life is definitely worth living!:thumbsup:

Greetings Marie5890,

This is indeed good news. I shall offer my prayers that this cuase is forwarded to the Pope and is accepted, if it be the Will of God.

Keep us updated.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

I will keep you updated.

For those of you who didnt hear, when the positico was presented to the Pope back in May, he (Pope) told Bishop Denky, with a twinkle in his eye, that he knew Bishop Sheen and had worked with him during Vatican II. :slight_smile:

Wow! I am VERY excited about this! We used to watch him on TV on Sundays when I was little, but I remember that he made an impact on me even at a very young age!
Anyone happen to catch the special on EWTN on him that Fr. ??? (cannot think of his name, but I believe Charles is his first name) had? It was wonderful…I watched any time I could. I think it was called “The spiritual legacy of Fulton Sheen”. I will keep praying for this to come to fruition if it be God’s will.

Yes Fr Charles O’Connor has done “The spiritual legacy of Fulton sheen” …pt 1 and now pt 2…

EWTN still shows “Life is worth living” on Sat evenings at 6pm eastern

Greetings Marie5890,

My appreciation in you keeping me updated. I shall pray mroe and more for the canonization of Bishop Sheen.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

(latest update)

Dear Friends of Sheen,
I want to thank you for your prayers for the Positio and I ask that you please keep them up. There is so much going on in the Foundation as these are truly exciting times. Right now as this letter is going out the Investigative tribunal for the alleged miracle through the intercession of Fulton Sheen is interviewing witnesses. I ask that you pray for the tribunal, the witnesses, little baby James Fulton and his family.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

Msgr. Stanley Deptula
Executive Director

Greetings Marie5890,

You can count on my prayers, I shall give them to Mary who shall perfect my greatly imperfect prayers for Bishop Sheen. This is great news. Thank you for the update.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

I am pleased to be able to pray.
I had the very great privilege of ( briefly) meeting this extraordianry man of God when he was the bishop of the Rochester (NY) diocese. He is without doubt a saint. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

w0000000t!!

I just saw this post, since I’ve been a bit distracted from the forums, lately. I’m so excited to hear about this! I remember watching his show, live, when I was a kid. I always loved listening to him, even though I didn’t always understand everything he was talking about (I was very young at the time). As I got older, I realized more and more that he was a very holy man of God. I really loved his sense of humor, too. :smiley:

Here’s hoping all goes well! :cool:

I feel both happy and humbled to pray for this wonderful man’s, gifted soul of God Archbishop Fulton J Sheen. I owe the better part of my conversion to this man.

The World’s First Love and The Life of Christ were amongst two of his greatest works besides numerous other books, his video and audio talks. Archbishop Sheen certainly deserves to be canonized a Saint.

Praying for him.

(Some information on EWTN programming concerning Bhp Sheen as we approach the anniversary of his death. This was posted on their blog site)

Dear Friends of Sheen,

These are exciting times and we have some GREAT Sheen events coming up. All are welcome to attend personally or spiritually.

As you know we have been working very hard on investigation into the alleged miracle. A special thanks to Msgr. Jason Gray, Msgr. James Kruse and Dr. Louis Varela for conducting all the interviews and working so hard on the paperwork. Do to their hard work we will have a special Mass to close the investigation tribunal on December 11, 2011 at the Cathedral of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception here in Peoria. All are welcome to come and be a part of this special occasion. The Mass will start at 10:30am.

Also coming up, with a special thanks to Gerri Kearns for arranging things, we will have a special weekend with Archbishop Fulton Sheen on EWTN. Please feel free to attend the EWTN Mass in person or watch on television.

The Mass will be Dec 9th and will be for Archbishop Sheen anniversary of his death. Mass to be celebrated by Fr Andrew Apostoli with the Franciscan Friars of the Eternal Word will air live at EWTN Chapel. (7:00 a.m. CST, 8:00 a.m. EST)

Dec 11. Sunday Night Prime host Fr Benedict Groeschel will discuss the Archbishop Sheen documentary and status of Cause of Canonization with guests Msgr. Stanley Deptula and Fr. Andrew Apostoli at 7:00pm EST (6pm CST).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.