Celine Dion: "So I have to admit that in a way, I owe my life to that priest."

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/feb/10022208.html

CHICAGO, February 22, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Quebec singing superstar Celine Dion admitted on the Oprah Winfrey Show Febrary 10 that she has undergone four unsuccessful attempts at in vitro fertilization (IVF). Since the procedure requires at minimum one embryonic child to be implanted, at least four of her children created by IVF have died. One of those children survived the transfer from the frozen state but was miscarried in 2009.

In 2001, Dion who was raised Catholic, acknowledged that her frozen embryos were indeed her children. “This frozen embryo that is in New York is my child waiting to be brought to life,” she said at the time.

While this aspect of the pro-life teaching of the Catholic faith may be difficult for the singer, Dion, by her own testimony owes her very life to that teaching. Dion was the fourteenth child in her family and her mother was convinced against getting an abortion by a Catholic priest. Describing the incident in a 2001 interview with London celebrity magazine Hello!, Dion said: “He told her that she had no right to go against nature. So I have to admit that in a way, I owe my life to that priest.”

Lots of people think Catholic teaching is a good thing as long as it works in their favor

It's when they are told no...that is the real test......being faithful is easy as long as it doesn't cramp your style

Real faith begins when we say not my will ,but Thy will be done

And the children she murdered for her own selfishness - - who will they be able to say they owed their lives to? Oh right - *they *weren’t allowed to live.

:mad:

~Liza

[quote="redrosetea, post:2, topic:188124"]
Lots of people think Catholic teaching is a good thing as long as it works in their favor

It's when they are told no...that is the real test......being faithful is easy as long as it doesn't cramp your style

Real faith begins when we say not my will ,but Thy will be done

[/quote]

And these days it always seems to revolve around sex/procreation. No one has a problem when the Church tells us that stealing or murder is a sin. But tell them sex outside of marriage is a sin and the Church is being archaic. Same thing with IVF.

I want what I want, when I want it.

[quote="thereseozi, post:1, topic:188124"]
Describing the incident in a 2001 interview with London celebrity magazine Hello!, Dion said: "He told her that** she had no right to go against nature**. So I have to admit that in a way, I owe my life to that priest."

[/quote]

So, uh, what gives HER the right to go against nature?

I hope that God will give her the graces to see how dark and sinful IVF is. I am joyful that many will hear a pro-life message in her testimony about her own life being spared though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.